MLB Player Movement

jrodsep

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe the Rockies let Castilla go. This organization is an absolute joke. They let another player that the fans here love go, and on top of that, Castilla said he'd like to end his career with the Rockies, yet the team isn't willing to bite the bullet and resign this guy for what wouldn't have been all that much. They get rid of any player the fans like, and any player that has any skill, and they trade them away for prospects. Then when the prospects make it to the Major Leagues and become fan favorites here in Denver, they trade them away for more prospects. They overpay for pitching which will never be something that works out, here in Colorado. This team will never be good. Yet they said something about "wait till 2006" -- alright, that's fair, or would be if they were willing to lower the ticket prices for the 2005 season.

Sincerely,

Pissed off in Colorado

IUe6Hvh.png

Omar Vizquel to the Giants for 3 year/ $12.25 Mill.

Mmmhhh... Vizquel is an excellent ballplayer. But he is old.

Is he making the Giants more contender in 2006? Let's see the next movements of SF.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Im stunned Castilla left the Rocks again too he never does good at sea level.

Ditto. He of all players best exemplifies what Colorado does to your hitting stats. As for Guzman, will his hitting ever be anything outside of the hard turf of the Homerdome? I highly doubt it.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Im stunned Castilla left the Rocks again too he never does good at sea level.

Ditto. He of all players best exemplifies what Colorado does to your hitting stats. As for Guzman, will his hitting ever be anything outside of the hard turf of the Homerdome? I highly doubt it.

Imagine if somebody like Barry Bonds played half of his games in Colorado. It's fitting that the Rockies first ever at-bat was a HR by Eric Young, eh? ^_^

I think the Colorado Rockies are oblivious to the fact that any time they competed for a playoff spot, it was because everybody could hit the ball out of the park. Bichette, Galarraga, Ellis Burks, Larry Walker, Vinny Castilla -- I miss them days.

They need to assemble a team that is similar to what used to be the 'Blake Street Bombers' to have any level of success.

IUe6Hvh.png

I can't believe the Rockies let Castilla go. This organization is an absolute joke.

I think I've heard one Giants fan coin the term "Countin' on the Rockies".

Counting on the rockies - Hoping someone or something will perform a task which benefits you, even though this someone or something is very, very, very unlikely to do so.

Everything this team [Colorado Rockies - RJ] has done in their existence has screwed the Giants. They couldn?t win a single game against the 1993 Braves, and the Giants lost the division by a single game. They lost 13 of 20 to the Diamondbacks in 2001, screwing the Giants. They developed Neifi Perez. In a secret bunker lab beneath a mountain, most likely. Perez hit a homerun against the Giants to prevent them from winning the wild-card in 1998. They couldn?t beat the Astros, and they couldn?t beat the Dodgers. They need no biscuit to roll over and drool on themselves, begging you to itch their bellies. They just do it.

I've always had a deep disdain for the Rockies. Ever since they joined the league in 1993 I've dispised them. It could be that they play a mile above sea level. It could be I'm jealous of their beautiful ballpark. it could be I can't stand their uniforms. Either way I want to thank them for their work on the Giants. The Rockies are harmless. The Giants have been a thorn in the Padres side for years. I've hated them most of all since they beat us out for the NL West Crown in 1989. Actually I blame Walt Terrell most for that.

Anyways they've let Vince go twice now. He's obviously not wanted. Whatever. We'll see what he can do in hitter friendly RFK

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

So two months ago MLB said they weren't allowed to call-up players from the minor leagues because of the cost... but now it's cool to go out and sign players and trade for high-priced ones?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's seeing this.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Can Rivera play center? They plan was to get a center fielded and to shift Anderson to left, and I don't know why they would trade for a left/ right fielded if that's the case.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived