BcS strikes again

Puckguy14

Auburn is the odd team out of the Orange party. Auburn plays Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl. Meanwhile, because Cal didn't run it up against Southern Miss, is left out thanks to the BCS computer itself. AP and the ESPN poll has Cal at #4, but the BCS computer takes Texas which offsets it. So Texas goes to the Rose Bowl. Cal is stuck at the Holiday Bowl, while #21 BCS ranked Pittsburgh who has the Big East automatic bid goes to the Fiesta.

Screw the automatic bids. FYI, ESPN.com leaked it out 20 minutes prior to the ABC televised announcement.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THe BCS has got to go

Playoff Now Lets Flush the Bowl

If enough fans orginize a boycott of the bowls they will have to listen it may be something people may want to consider, but you cant just chose not to watch it yourself, thats wont get anyones attention. You need to fully boycott the bowls make noise get millions to join and get press coverage, and boycottt bowl sponsors. Boycott FedEx, Boycott Nokia, Boycott Tositos and such all Bowl sponsors. Thats how you do it one day some one has to do this.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate the BCS.

It's enabled the Big Ten to get into the National Championship picture now, (good thing for me) but at the cost of the likes of Cal, and Auburn.

Play-off. I don't understand the presidents stances on this. There has got to be a huge amount of money to be made in a playoff system. Have companies sponsor each game. 16 teams, that's 13 games. Let the Other 100 bowls either die, or take the rest of the bowl eligable teams. Hell, add bowls! Just get some sort of playoff system in there! Why is this so hard???

But I want to call FedEx to ship my stuff with my Nokia cellphone. Then waiting for them while I eat my Tositios chips and then pay them off with my Citibank card.

I have no idea why it's so hard for the NCAA to have a four-team playoff to determine the national champion.

Speaking of the Rose Bowl seems to have a new trophy, anyone knows what the old one looks like

Game_Trophy_Tiffany_2005_sm.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

It's sad. Berkeley and the Bay Area is ticked (except Stanford fans and students). KGO radio normally has the 49er postgame call in show. Fans are calling in stating a robbery. Cal and 49er play-by-play announcer Joe Starkey mentioned that if a holding call (which upon replay wasn't holding) wasn't called and a touchdown by the leading running back in the country, JJ Arrington, the score would read 33-16, not 26-16. Note that some coaches and other voters only see some of the scores. That difference in the margin might have kept the BCS computer from flip flopping Texas and Cal.

If anything, there should be NO CONFERENCE GUARANTEED BIDS. Cal 10-1 is snubbed by #21 Pittsburgh who was 8-3 because Pitt won their conference title.

Another reason why I try to stray away from college football. No level playing field.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Play-off. I don't understand the presidents stances on this. There has got to be a huge amount of money to be made in a playoff system. Have companies sponsor each game. 16 teams, that's 13 games. Let the Other 100 bowls either die, or take the rest of the bowl eligable teams. Hell, add bowls! Just get some sort of playoff system in there! Why is this so hard???

I WANT A PLAYOFF TOO!

It seems to logical.

The issue it hand is scheduling. Presidents dont approve a playoff sysytem for several reasons:

1. It adds 1-3 more games for participating teams.

Thiscreates hardships on the student athletes.

2. MONEY!

Bowls and their sponsors pay out so much that a playoff would leave some teams out of the money.

Instead of boycotting the bowl games, we should boycott thier sponsors.

I'll start by never ever using FedEx.

Did I mention I work for UPS? :D

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Here' the problem I see with college sports especially football. And that is the polling both computer and human. They are flawed and the human polls a biased. I want a playoff but only if it gets rid of all polls. My proposal is to give each division IA conference champ and automatic bid into the playoff (like college basketball), then on top that 4 additional wild cards detirmined by record, strength of schedule would be used as a tie-breaker to try to prevent teams from making thier schedule easy. It would be a 16 team playoff and would take 3 weeks to do, the season would end at the same time currently does. It is the fairest way to do things.

I don't get it...Auburn is undefeated in the toughest conference in America and doesn't get a shot at the championship...stupid, stupid, stupid.

Maybe it's becasue Oklahoma is also undefeated and in an equally tough Conference.

Sounds like alot of Sooner bashing. Auburn is number 3 in EVERY poll. USC & Oklahoma are #1 & #2 in EVERY poll. So what exactly is the big deal about a USC?OU championship game. And incase you missed it, Oklahoma also defeated the team ranked #4 Texas.

Oklahoma had a tougher schedule and deserves the game.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

"Instead of boycotting the bowl games, we should boycott their sponsors.

"I'll start by never ever using FedEx.

"Did I mention I work for UPS?"  :D

Nooooooooooooooooo. Really?

Saw that one comin' down Market Street with the doors wide open and the horns blaring.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I agree, the BCS has to go.

But we know they won't do that at least soon. So they still need to do some tweaking.

One of the tweaks they need to do is eliminate the Big East from getting an automatic berth. Cal and Texas were both deserving of BCS spots, but only one could go. And sorry, Pittsburgh, but Cal is much more deserving than you.

I don't get it...Auburn is undefeated in the toughest conference in America and doesn't get a shot at the championship...stupid, stupid, stupid.

Maybe it's becasue Oklahoma is also undefeated and in an equally tough Conference.

Sounds like alot of Sooner bashing. Auburn is number 3 in EVERY poll. USC & Oklahoma are #1 & #2 in EVERY poll. So what exactly is the big deal about a USC?OU championship game. And incase you missed it, Oklahoma also defeated the team ranked #4 Texas.

Oklahoma had a tougher schedule and deserves the game.

The SEC on a whole is better than the Big 12.

Beating Tennessee twice and Georgia is a greater accomplishment thatn beating Texas and Texas A&M.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Here's an idea... In the case of three undefeateds, have the #2 and #3 play each other during the weeks in which we have to wait for the BCS, and then have the #1 and winner of that game play in the championship. That way, the team that got shut out can at least have a shot at it, and this way we'll have an UNDISPUTED champ. But, knowing dumba** college football, this aint happenin.

I'm glad Texas got in over Cal. They deserved it.

Auburn getting snubbed was something that could not have been undone unless Oklahoma or USC lost. They didn't, so Auburn is screwed.

We all want a playoff. We understand this. But it will never happen. College football will NEVER allow a Playoff to happen. Since the Nebraska/Michigan split championship 7 years ago, the calls for the playoff have gotten progressivly louder. College football has done nothing.

However, next year, when the BCS moves to Fox, there will be a fifth BCS bowl, that will pit the winner of the 1vs2 BCS bowl verses the winner of a 3vs4 BCS bowl. This is as close to a playoff Division I-A will ever get.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Speaking of the Rose Bowl seems to have a new trophy, anyone knows what the old one looks like

Game_Trophy_Tiffany_2005_sm.jpg

The old Rose Bowl Trophy was a golden football on a silver base, with two golden blade-like objects behind the football.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm glad Texas got in over Cal. They deserved it.

How did they deserve it??? Cal lost to the #1 team in the nation by SIX points. All Texas did this year was lose to OU again. Cal deserves it, and if they had run the score up they'd be in Pasadena by now.

Playoffs work in Division I-AA, a true I-AA champion is crowned.

Playoffs work in Division II, a true II champion is crowned.

Playoffs work in Division III, a true III champion is crowned.

There are no playoffs in Division I. There is no true Div. I champion.

This is why the BCS is fluffing up college football for everyone.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived