Phillies Independence Hall Logo Question

dannymits

Maybe someone can help me out.

I'm trying to recreate the Phillies logo used for much of the 1980s and early 1990s. This is what I have so far:

phi8391.gif

I have to add Philadelphia in blue at the top of the blue circle, but I don't have the actual logo to work from, since I'm doing this by memory. Please let me know if there's anything I can add or change to make this a better, though probably not exact, representation.

Thanks.

Maybe someone can help me out.

I'm trying to recreate the Phillies logo used for much of the 1980s and early 1990s. This is what I have so far:

phi8391.gif

I have to add Philadelphia in blue at the top of the blue circle, but I don't have the actual logo to work from, since I'm doing this by memory. Please let me know if there's anything I can add or change to make this a better, though probably not exact, representation.

Thanks.

its a great start, danny. I have been looking for this logo forever and according to Pantone it was never vectorized so it was forgotten by MLB (look for my thread in the requests forum), all I have is a blurry picture of it on my home computer. I love that logo and its my favorite Phillies logo ever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Yep...that one never got officially vectored by the MLB. It was dropped shortly before the league went digital.

However, I have that logo on a couple of MLB style guide sheets (1987 and 1988) - I should really scan it and post it here.

I'll get to it later.

OK...I got it:

PhiladelphiaPhillies_PL_1984-1991.jpg

I'll let Danny give you his own props, but from me to you:

:notworthy: BIG THANKS! :notworthy:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Can someone explain to me what teams did before the days of vectorization on computers?

And I guess not just teams, but anything.

How did they do large images and what not?

So many things looks so clean that it's always stumped me.

I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I've never been able to come up with it on my own.

Maybe someone with better Illustrator skills can vectorize this thing. I've put spent the last few hours using my limited abilities and I've hit a few snags.

I've been able to trace Independence Hall pretty well. Here's a GIF of how far I got in Illustrator before realizing what a task I had ahead of me.

ihall.gif

For anyone who wants to take the ball and run with it, here's the AI

IHALL AI

Archived