Toronto BlueJays Concept

AAO

its good, but the blues are too close together. they dont contrast enough. are you using the metallic pantone pallette? it causes the contrast to not look right when you import it sometimes. i like the blue jay, but it does look like other cardinal (bird) logos that have been floating around recently. im not saying you copied them at all, because you didnt. i think if you revise this you can come up with something that is amazingly unique.

Is there anyway you could add more life to the blue jay itself and while your at it, slap a brighter shade of blue on there.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I like the primary logo, and I think the cap logo would be better using the same font as the wordmark.

That said, check the kerning on the wordmark and the jersey numbers. Numbers need to be spread out a little bit, and some of the ends need to be shortened because they touch other parts of the number, making them hard to read efficiently.

I like the colors, though maybe a step brighter on the PANTONE scale would look good as well. I would go with white letters on the blue jerseys, or at least the primary one.

I think you could really add a unique flavor to this by running a line through the letters like the old Blue Jays scripts had. I think this would be a nice modern update to a classic script if you took a similar approach, and the concept would be unmistakably "Blue Jays."

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Lookin' good my friend... I'd make 'Toronto' a little louder, adjust the spacing between the numbers on the uniform (the front numbers on the homes look like '81' rather than '21'), and the Jay head needs white in there to make it resemble a blue jay more.

Excellent work!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

thats shweet!!! have you done the SF Giants yet?

PATIENCE, TAHOE!

(Its real annoying when people ask when such and such is getting done, whether its a project Im doing or a project someone else is doing. he gets to it when he gets to it. leave it at that)

thanks a lot guys....alright so brighten up the colors as they are appearing dull, kern the spacing of a-y in jays, fix up the uni numbers to look like 21, bring out 'toronto' in the primary more. got it. thanks.

and tempest i think the line through the wordmark like in the jays' past is a great idea. thanks.

I know others have mentioned this in the past, but I think you may want to consider emphasizing the city name a bit more than you have here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not great, not horrible, but I'm wondering what the purpose is of the squiggly lines on the sleeves. It looks like a cartoon representation of odor eminating from the armpits.

On a side note, for some reason all of your concepts look too similar. I don't know if it's the fonts or the shading, but it's kind of as if the same theme is being applied to every team. Hope you don't take it the wrong way, but it just gets a little old after seeing it over and over and over again.

One more thing... I'm glad you didn't feel the need to throw red in just because the team is from Canada. IMHO the Blue Jays should have no red in their scheme.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Looks good AAO. I like the T with the maple leaf, it makes it very unique. I think the blue tones are too close, as josh said. Other than that, solid concept. I really dig the primary, it's simple but very nice.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I like how you use unique colors for the uniforms. The third set that you have here as well as the third set that you had for the Rockies were really different, and it's refreshing to see uniforms like that.

The cap mark is one of the best I've seen, and the bird is very nice, but the wordmark might need a little work. Maybe something more elegant?

Again, great work. :D

AAO... nice production work, but I'm not a huge fan of the idea behind it.

The cap logo reminds me a lot of the Raptors' TR-leaf mark. (I believe the leaf is the same, no?)

The Jay's head logo doesn't look that much like a blue jay apart from the blue colouring and the crown... they have a very distinctive look, and this doesn't quite capture it.

Additionally, the profile style seems kind of cliche'd. Not to say that it isn't possible to use it, I used it in my Blue Jays concept, but the way it has been used here is very much in the style of the Arizona Cards' logo.

The script, while cool, reminds me a lot of the Argos' script (with the wave in the colouring), and I feel Toronto needs to stand out more.

It's got the cool feel that all your concepts do, AAO, but I think this one lacks a little substance and might need to go all the way back to the conceptual phase. There's some good elements here that could definitely be worked into a concept with a new direction.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived