Looking for a good candidate city

omnivore

We're putting together a exhibition match of Viperball, for lots of curious onlookers in May (or perhaps, June) of this year.

Viperball is derived from to Toccer (which I posted on a while back...) except its full contact, a hell of a lot faster and higer scoring.

Right now, we're talking with Billings, MT, Rockford, IL, Moline (Quad Cities), IL..among others. Those places are favourites, because of connections we have to the area and the ease of getting places to and from matches. (Especially the Illinois ones.) But, we're not opposed to staging in other places or if you just have a kick ass place to suggest, let me know.

I wanted to know if there were other places to consider for future exhibitions or simply to make sure we left no stone uncovered.

Thanks.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

proplaceholder.png

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

What about Philadelphia? There's a fair amount of places around here that have pretty decent fields, and there are a couple of high schools with suitable stadiums.

Another suggestion might be to try Rutgers University - Camden. They have an excellent athletic field (and picturesque, in the shadow of the Ben Franklin Bridge and with a stunning view of the Philadelphia skyline.

philly.png

Hartford! We need some kind of sport. LOL

We're actually looking at that for a possible follow-up this fall.

I have a rule question:

2.2 When dropped from a concrete base, the viper must bounce more than 53 inches, but less than 62 inches

When dropped.... from where? I think you need to specify a height to drop it FROM.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

St. Louis is a centrally located region with good air and highway access and several facilities of varying sizes that would likely be available for your test match. The Family Arena in St. Charles is a 10,000 seat venue with the field dimensions and equipment you would need. If you're looking for something a bit smaller, the Soccerdome in suburban Brentwood seats a few hundred and also has the proper facilities for your match. There's a few other fully outfitted indoor soccer facilities here in town that should also be accessible and acceptable to your organization.

It might be when dropped from arm's length or shoulder height. That's what basketball rules state for dropping a ball to see if it bounces within legal limits.

right, what he said.

would you need an arena or outdoor field for this game?

Indoor arena. Toccer is played outdoors. Viperball, is played indoors.

25 yards long and 65 yards wide? :blink:

Did you mean 65 yards long and 25 yards wide?

65 yards long x 25 yards wide.

I thought I rewrote that, but apparently..wrong one is uploaded. Thanks for noticing.

St. Louis is a centrally located region with good air and highway access and several facilities of varying sizes that would likely be available for your test match. The Family Arena in St. Charles is a 10,000 seat venue with the field dimensions and equipment you would need. If you're looking for something a bit smaller, the Soccerdome in suburban Brentwood seats a few hundred and also has the proper facilities for your match. There's a few other fully outfitted indoor soccer facilities here in town that should also be accessible and acceptable to your organization.

I lived in U-City for a while for school and I strongly was considering St. Louis. I didn't know about the Soccerdome place in Brentwood, but...that's an interesting option. I wasn't sure that people would be so keen to show up, if we held it there, that was my fear.

But then, I guess you can apply that to anyplace, eh?

Thanks, we'll look into this today.

The Soccerdome! That place is still around, eh? Besides the indoor soccer, they had (mind you, this was ten years ago) another rink for floor/roller hockey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Now here's another question.

Do we name the two teams that play in the exhibition (like Arena Football did) or do we just have like...nicknames.

I'm more inclined to have the St. Louis whatevers playing against another team, though I'm not sure what to name that team or what city they ought to play against (Kansas City?)

Ideas on this one?

Wherever you play, I would give both teams different names attached to the region. For instance, if you're coming to St. Louis, I would name one team the Gateway ___________, and the other team the River City _________. Or, you could simply call one team the Nationals and the other team the Americans. Put one team in white tops and blue shorts and the other team in blue shirts with red shorts.

Archived