Mountain West Conference baseball concepts

IronChefShark

voting prevents you from becoming a filthy beast  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My college baseball concepts continue. If you havent seen the Pac-10 concepts yet, they're right here.

Okay, now Ive done my concepts for the Mountain West. Ive left out one school here, (Wyoming) and Im sure most of you know why ^_^ .

Air Force - The real baseball unis are rather basic, with simple piping and block letters. I went modern yet clean here with tapering shoulder stripes and a tapering stripe on the pants. I also used the script from the logo in place of the block lettering.

BYU - Here I went with sleeveless unis. Navy undershirt and gold piping. Even the alternate is supposed to be sleeveless, just that the vest and undershirt are the same color (I believe Missouri does this with one of thier baseball unis)

Colorado St. - This school does not have a baseball program. I felt Atlanta Braves style piping was the way to go here with the garamond-esque font that the school uses in all its athletic logos. I chose mettalic gold over yellow (aka "athletic gold") because all of the other sports programs at this school seem to use the mettalic gold.

New Mexico - the Lobos actual baseball unis use a lot of black. However the only black you see on these is in the Lobo logo on the shoulder. I stuck with only the "cherry and silver" as the school calls it, an went sleeveless. I used an italicized font for the script to try to match with the school's athletic wordmarks.

San Diego St. - this one is probably the most unique of this set. the sleeve trim is supposed to have the aztec pattern that the football program uses for trim on thier uniforms. I know the actual hats have the "A" logo but I thought the SD spear looked better. Personally, I love the aztec warrior head logo, so I chose to put that on the sleeves

UNLV - since this school has similar colors to New Mexico, I wanted to make sure it looked different. I went with Giants-style piping and used some black on the road uni and alt. jersey. the only black on the home jersey is the drop shadow on the script and numbers. The alt. jersey has no white on it, as i thought the silver on its own stood out enough. The school actually uses a "N" logo (just like thier arch rivals in Reno, go figure) so I changed that to the UNLV wordmark on the hats.

Utah - boy this conference sure has a lot of red.....anyways, this is most likely the most basic design of this set. The actual unis have a cursive script and simple piping on all unis, and they also use quite a bit of black. On these black is solely a trim color on the lettering, which is traditional block. I chose to use pinstripes at home and piping for the road and alt. Simple if not effective.

Im working on the WAC right now, and I am still debating on doing the WCC. If I do though thats as far as Im taking this project. I have no intention to doing the SEC, the ACC, MAC, Big XII, or whatever conference you can think of. So please dont bombard me with PMs asking me if I plan to, thank you. :D

Archived