New Clemson Uni's Unveiled

artvandelay

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the neck trim makes them look like they are wearing soccer jerseys at first glace...you know with collars.

That white guy has no business modeling anything

If I knew better, I would have thought that the white guy was a manager until I saw he was holding a helmet with a kicker's mask.

the neck trim makes them look like they are wearing soccer jerseys at first glace...you know with collars.

That white guy has no business modeling anything

It does make the jerseys look like a golf shirt.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

You know what's missing from football uniforms? Wider collars. Let's give them wider collars.

And pants that don't reach the knee. We need to market football pants as the latest hip hop trend.

And androgyny. Let's get one of them hermaphrodites to model the new uniforms.

Do any of these 3 people look like they would be wearing a number in the 50's on the field? None look like linebackers to me.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Do any of these 3 people look like they would be wearing a number in the 50's on the field? None look like linebackers to me.

I think those "55" jerseys were display jerseys made a certain size. If you look in the "Mix-N-Match" feature on the site, you will see the back view of those jerseys with "CLEMSON" on the nameplate.

We've had a pretty consistent uniform for the last 6 or 7 years (since the Bowden era began). Only 2 years ago did they add the purple jersey.

we? i assume you went to clemson....do you still live in the area?

I went to Clemson, but I don't live there anymore. somehow i think we've had this conversation before.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I think they would be nice if they had the collar go all the way through.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The guy in the white looks like it in the gut :P

Ugh. :wacko:

IMHO, aside from the logo (which appears not to have changed at all) on , these are an enormous step backwards (or at least a lateral step into the sea of non-descript, homogeneous uniform oblivion Nike has created). I imagine that both the school and Nike are equally to blame.

No matter what redesign parameters Clemson established, the execution is sophomoric at best - the striping is inconsistent, the use of colors misbalanced - basic design tenets seemed to have been ignored entirely. The third option is particularly revolting and looks as if Nike reached into to their stock and pulled elements that had the school colors, like they would for Any Name High School project.

That being said... it could have been a whole lot worse!

Putting it into a larger perspective, Clemson bought Nike's increasingly desperate design rhetoric, hook, line and sinker and now look as silly as many other school's who opt to "re-brand." If you're going to do this, then take a change and think BIG.

Though not a pure traditionalist, I for one, am ready for this trend to change-for-the-sake-of-change/revenue to slow down and once again be driven by more appropriate and thoughtful designers. I'd bet anyone a dollar that a good number of designers on this board would have offered up much stronger options that this. :P

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

We've had a pretty consistent uniform for the last 6 or 7 years (since the Bowden era began). Only 2 years ago did they add the purple jersey.

we? i assume you went to clemson....do you still live in the area?

I went to Clemson, but I don't live there anymore. somehow i think we've had this conversation before.

probably.

i'm old.

and forgetful.

Archived