Biggio wears wrong jersey

ShlyKBMT

When cutting my highlights today, I noticed Craig Biggio was wearing his road alternate jersey instead of the home uni. I'm not sure if he changed later but when he hit his first inning dinger, his jersey had Houston written across his chest instead of Astros, crazy.

Or just create an alternate that isn't just the colored version of the team's regular jersey. A team shouldn't need any more than one alternate... not including throwbacks.

VmWIn6B.png

you would think the Property Stewards (or what they call them in the Baseball in the US) could supply the players with the right uniform? i know that in the AFL, each player is given several sleeve-less ans long-sleeve Guernseys before each game, you'd think that the MLB and the Astros could get it right wouldn't ya? this is proffessional sport after-all

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

You would think.

More evidence that those Astros are just a Mickey Mouse organization.

What, exactly, makes them a Mickey Mouse organization? Going to the playoffs 5 out of the last 8 years with a "mid-market" pay roll?

And you can't say that the Astros are any worse than other teams in the MLB as far as uniforms. They've basically changed their uniforms twice in the last 30 years. Once for new ownership and the other when they moved into a new ballpark. They have three alternates. One for day games and the other for sundays home and away. The Sunday ones look the same (as proven by Biggio) so in a way you could say they only have two alternates.

You would think.

What, exactly, makes them a Mickey Mouse organization? Going to the playoffs 5 out of the last 8 years with a "mid-market" pay roll?

What's so bad about being called a Mickey Mouse orgainsation anyways? Mickey Mouse is a very recognisable figure, and makes a lot of money. So by that definition, the New York Yankees are a Mickey Mouse orgainsation. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I recall Larry Walker wore the wrong jersey one time either last year or two years ago...IIRC he had on the regular home jersey while the rest of the team was wearing the alt version (the one with CR instead of ROCKIES). I'm surprised I haven't heard about this happening to the Marlins, to be honest.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You would think.

And you can't say that the Astros are any worse than other teams in the MLB as far as uniforms. They've basically changed their uniforms twice in the last 30 years. Once for new ownership and the other when they moved into a new ballpark. They have three alternates. One for day games and the other for sundays home and away. The Sunday ones look the same (as proven by Biggio) so in a way you could say they only have two alternates.

the astros have some of the best unis in the league. i like them better than the blue and gold, which was an improvement over blue and orange but the current scheme is much better than anything they have worn to date. personally i think the astros and texans have the best logo uni combos in mlb and nfl.

the only thing that bothers me about the stros is the ball park name of minute maid field. seems a bit corny for a ball park name, Astrofield would have been better. i remember the old astrodome, when i traveled to houston a number of years to see the Johnson Space Center i remember traveling by the houston astrodome. it was probably because the old houston oilers played in it.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Here's what I don't like about the Astros look

Hats. There should be an H there, and there should be no black hat. Just red.

Script. It's all loopy and Western-y, but the team name itself is futuristic.

Colors. When your colors are "brick, sand, and coal," you need a nut-punching.

Uniforms. Too many combinations, very few look any good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

wait...it's comin back to me...

there's yet another 'wrong jersey' incident I recall, the White Sox were on the road and wearing their usual grays. a reliever was called into the game, and he was wearing the black jersey. with that being much more noticeable than more recent incidents, the pitcher went to his locker to get the right jersey...eh well, it's better than when NBA players forget their shorts :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

wait...it's comin back to me...

there's yet another 'wrong jersey' incident I recall, the White Sox were on the road and wearing their usual grays. a reliever was called into the game, and he was wearing the black jersey. with that being much more noticeable than more recent incidents, the pitcher went to his locker to get the right jersey...eh well, it's better than when NBA players forget their shorts :blink:

Had ti bring Sedale Threatt into this didn't you? :D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Here's what I don't like about the Astros look

Hats. There should be an H there, and there should be no black hat. Just red.

Script. It's all loopy and Western-y, but the team name itself is futuristic.

Colors. When your colors are "brick, sand, and coal," you need a nut-punching.

Uniforms. Too many combinations, very few look any good.

Personally -- I think the Astros have one of the best looks in the league.

I like their colors a ton. I see no problem with the script. And I like the black hats. ^_^

Oh, and Discrim Carmelo accidentally wore his backwards for half of a game -- is that worse? ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Oh don't get me wrong, the color scheme is cool, but referring to it as "brick, sand, and coal" when you could just say "red, beige, and black" is dumb.

I think they should complete the partial star on there and stick a big H on there. Not a fan of teams that don't have letters on the caps. Orioles get a free pass though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Cubs can now join this club since their home and road alternates are identical -- except the player's last name is on the 'road' version. Can't wait to see that happen.

There is really no need to have the same alternate jersey, one havin names and the other not. That is so stupid. They should just have the one and it should have names.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived