Chicago White Sox concept

dgnmrwrw

Since my Sox are replacing the blue seats at US Cellular Field with "Forest Green" seats (see here) and their website has a forest green band at the top, I thought it would be interesting to come up with a concept that added green to their current black and silver.

So I came up with this. It stays very close to their current set (there are a few small changes such as the piping on the road jersey and the batting practice jersey), but adds some of the forest green.

Chicago.gif

This is a first shot, and I'm not sure how well it works. I thought about eliminating the black completely, but then I thought it would look to similar to Tampa's scheme. I think I like everything except the home jersey.

C + C is welcomed and appreciated. Also, if anyone would like to post their own concepts with forest green added, that would be fine.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

it DOES look too similar to Tampa. all you need is to add blue, then it'll REALLY be a dead ringer for the Rays. for the heck of it, try red.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

VESTS BAD SLEEVES GOOD

Also, I think more ballparks need green seating. Not enough ballparks have green chairs. Get on that.

You went too green. The way I would have done it (I'm not in the mood is to go VERY subtle on the green. One layer of green trim around the black numbers surrounded by a layer of silver or white trim. Keep the logo black, just put green trim around SOX. Keep it off the bills. (Ha green bills ha I'm so funny) Keep it off the secondary logo too. Keep it simple on the ST/BP as well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For the home and alternate, I'd put the green in the silver's place, because the completely green logos look really out of place.

That said, I think that what the White Sox already have is pretty near perfection.

VmWIn6B.png

Sorry, guy, but Green is jut NOT a "baseball color." I don't care for Oakland, Tampa Bay and Seattle's use of the color.

As for the Chisox, this is probably the longest tenure in their history that they've stayed with basically the same style and color of uniforms. The fans seem to like it and it's among the leaders in merchandise sales. Why cheapen the look with tacky green. :mad:

How is green not a baseball color? Grass is green. Fenway is green. Lots of parks have green in the color scheme.

That being said the White Sox shouldn't touch a thing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Its great that they're bringing back the green seats- but I have to say that green just isn't a Sox color- although it looks decent in the concept.

Now the slightest red trim on the current unis would be perfect. Completes the '59 look they've had for about a decade now (except for not having sleeve numbers which is fine by me- and I won't even get into the "did they were black of navy" argument)

Its great that they're bringing back the green seats- but I have to say that green just isn't a Sox color- although it looks decent in the concept.

Now the slightest red trim on the current unis would be perfect. Completes the '59 look they've had for about a decade now (except for not having sleeve numbers which is fine by me- and I won't even get into the "did they were black of navy" argument)

I used to love early 70's uniform with the red especially the road unis.

I agree the should incorporate a little red but I don't believe the 59 team had any red but I might be wrong.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Here we go with red replacing green.

Chicago2.gif

I think I like these. I know I really like the road gray. I'm afraid everyone will think the B.P. screams Chicago Bulls too much. And it probably does.

C+C welcome.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like the addition of the red. It harkens back to CWS history while I agree that the BP is "Bulls-ish", the black and red is unique in baseball and the subtle addition of red in the other jerseys, especially the roads (love the black alt. too) , makes the unis *pop*. Nice work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

aaaand now...in the outfield...from NORTH CAOLINA...Michael....JORRRRRRDAAAAAAN!!!!!!! :D

oddly enough, I remember having a little MJ book (pre-retirement 1) and he was workin out with the Sox back when they were wearing the Campbell's C...back then they had red BPs, so this isn't really that much of a stretch.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived