Peoria Rivermen change colors

philly97flyer

I was about to say "they were already with the Blues", but that was ECHL. The big news (to me anyway) is the AHL.

I lived there for a couple of years and went to some games. That would have been cool they'd been AHL.

Edit: I am very suprised they are going to the AHL in that little arena (not that I know much about most AHL arenas).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

AHL arenas average in capacity from around 6,000 (Portland is just under, I think) to almost 20,000 (Kentucky Thoroughblades played in Rupp Arena). I'm not sure the largest arena in use for the league right now. The top ones I can think of would be Comcast Spectrum (Philiadelphia), SBC Center (San Antonio), Gund Arena (Cleveland), Bradley Center (Milwaukee) and AllState Arena (Chicago). I don't know offhand if the RoadRunners play at Rexall Centre in Edmonton. When they were in Toronto they played at the Ricoh Center, not Air Canada Centre.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The 'Runners do play at Rexall.

And Portland isn't the smallest arena in the A....that distinction is held by Binghamton...the Broome County Veterans Memorial holds about 4,500 if it's lucky

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

AHL arenas average in capacity from around 6,000 (Portland is just under, I think) to almost 20,000 (Kentucky Thoroughblades played in Rupp Arena). I'm not sure the largest arena in use for the league right now. The top ones I can think of would be Comcast Spectrum (Philiadelphia), SBC Center (San Antonio), Gund Arena (Cleveland), Bradley Center (Milwaukee) and AllState Arena (Chicago). I don't know offhand if the RoadRunners play at Rexall Centre in Edmonton. When they were in Toronto they played at the Ricoh Center, not Air Canada Centre.

The Phantoms also play in the Wachovia Center like they will tonight when opening with the P-Bruins in the conference final.

The Rochester Americans play at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial. To longtime Amerk fans it will ALWAYS be the War Memorial. It was renovated in the '90s and it now seats around 11,000 and change, up from 7,300.

The Toronto Marlies will play at the renovated Ricoh Coliseum which is the old Exhibition Coliseum on the CNE grounds. It seats around 10,500.

Syracuse plays in the OnCentre, the old Onandaga County War Memorial. It too was renovated in the late '90s and now seats around 7,500 or so.

Hershey has a new building, the Giant Centre. I'm not sure of their capacity, but all of the AHL arenas are pretty modern.

Some of the OLD arenas like the Providence Auditorium and the Eastern States Coliseum in Springfield were like barns compared to today. The AHL arenas today on balance must rate an A- or B+. :D

Here's how the AHL's newest arenas shake down attendance-wise:

(figures from official arena Web sites)

Iowa - 15,181

Omaha - about 9,300 (exact AHL hockey number not available - yet)

Toronto - 8,300

Peoria - 9,400

Not too shabby. Interesting that Toronto will be playing in an arena half the size of Iowa's, but in a much larger market.

I may look up the rest of the AHL for grins and post in Sports In General the findings. Should be interesting stuff.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It seems everything old is new again. Of course, the Rivs' blue/yellow/red scheme was descendent from their days as the Blues' affiliate back in the IHL.

The "Captain Crush" logo looks kindof odd in those colours, though. Maybe it's because the steering wheel in the logo is taken from their original logo, which always had a red wheel and skyline.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I personally think they did a pitiful job trying to make this logo match the Blues colors.

If I could find a high quality, and preferably vector, of that logo, I'd show how I would have done it.

Judging by the horrendous flash animation on the web-site, I strongly doubt a vector logo exists :P.

But then how do they get the logos embroidered?

Oh my, the designer just couldn't be bothered to get the vector file.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I'm so happy the new unis aren't just clones of the Blues threads. Also good to see that both shades of blue are implemented. Overall, I'd say it looks like a good set, though I have mixed feelings about the yellow piping. And did they really have to eliminate the red?

Also, from the article, I see it's back to white at home and colors on the road for '05-'06. Good move.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived