Phillies jersey set

pauly07

I've hated the Phillies jerseys since they changed them back in 1993 I guess it was when they dropped the old school fat maroon P. Just some wishfull thinking on my part here that they'd get a little creative with their unis.

philliesset.gif

First I think the all-burgundy hat should go with the home uniform. And you should add piping to the home and road shirts, or eliminate the pant stripe. You don't do either or. If a stripe is on the pants then it should be on the shirt.

Also you need front numbers on the white shirt. And the blue socks and pant stripe don't go with the rest of the grey uniform.

And the colored pants are a no-no. Looks too "softball."

Your cap logo should be solid white on the all-burgundy cap. On the cap with the navy bill make the "P" navy with a white outline.

I hope I wasn't too hard on you but you have to have balance in uniform design.

Tweak 'em and re-post. :blink:

nice.....the bp jerseys are fantastic, nice use of the liberty bell.......good change to see use of the national league logo on someone other than the cubs......however i really like the numbers on the sleeve style the phillies DO use, i dunno if you could work them back in instead of the national league logo on the home and road (and keep the league logo on the alts, like the cubs do.......) maybe change the number font as well :P

Bulldog, I agree with you on the piping. I'm trying to figure out how to do it w/ PhotoShop. I also agree with the cap logo color suggestion. I disagree with the 'softball' pants. I'm just tired of seeing white/grey pants all the time. But then again, I grew up in the 80's.

I'm working on some tweaks now.

Tweaks (bear in mind these are the first and second attempts ever at jersey design).

philliesset2.gif

Pauly love the idea but I really am not feeling the blue pants. It reminds me of the old white sox of the late 70's. Nice job though I really like the liberty bell!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

There's really nothing wrong with the current Phillies "P" and wordmark. I'm as big a fan of the fat "P" that was ditched in 1992 as anyone, but the truth is, the look screams 70's tackiness just as much as pullover jerseys, cookie-cutter astroturf fields, and "rainbow guts" and bright orange Astros hats.

With the prominence of the Phillies wordmark on the Citizens Bank Park scorboard, I would have a hard time believing that the logo would be going away any time soon.

07scoreboard.jpg

Then again, the Citizens Bank signs all changed from year one to year two to coincide with Citizens Bank making their connection to RBS more prominent.

cb_logo.gif

I would not be opposed to a darkening of the Phillies red to more of a crimson or maroon color, but with retaining the current logos/wordmarks. This might be the approach to take, given the Nationals adopting red at home. Plus, maroon pinstripes don't make a jersey look pink as much as red pinstripes do. Then again, pink doesn't bother everyone.

Plus - this would be the 14th year that the Phillies have rocked the updated Whiz Kids look. They had the fat P for 22 seasons (1970-1991). So maybe we wait another 8 years before the nostalgia jones is strong enough to bring the fat P back.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Vandy, I think it's more the lack of creativity in the ownership group than anything else. The Phillies seem to be one of the few teams that doesn't wear a third choice jersey, they only have the Interleague 2nd choice cap. Which is fine. My main problem is that I just don't really like the color red. Especially bright red.

And now that BP jerseys seem to be standardized, I'm really bored with the Phillies uniforms.

That last revision is a step backward, Pauly.

I grew up in the '80s too, but the thick racing stripes are a trend that need not return. Like the dark-colored pants. Yecch.

I liked the little things on the first sets - the stripes on the stirrups (set 1), the kick-@$$ liberty bell alternate logos on the BPs (set 2). But you went totally the other way, and instead of trying to come up with a more centralized identity, you increased the disparities - 3 hats, an alternate that lacks entirely the color you're trying to promote, a 2nd alternate with a 3rd different logo.

The idea behind uniforms is to create an identity. Think of the Winged Wheel in hockey, the Cowboys' star, the numbering styles on the Red Sox and Cubs. You instantly recognize what those are. There's consistency there. I'm not seeing a lot of consistency in your packages - you have so many good ideas that you can't put them all into one design. Settle on the best of what you've got, and make them a cohesive package. You do have some good ideas, but they're getting scattered here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived