LOGOLYMPIAD: Event 1

Here we go.........!

EVENT 1: Alternate Logo

We?ll start you off with an easy one.

Design an alternate logo for any Class A or AA baseball team. You must use the team?s current color set. Include the team name and show the current primary logo in your submission, as a reference.

Deadline: Monday, June 20th, 6:00 PM EDT

Submit entries to logolympiad@sbcglobal.net.

Do not post them here.

Overall rules are in the main thread, http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=21643

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to confirm that for the purposes of this contest that "Advanced A" or "High A", "A" or "Low A", and "Short-Season A" are all considered Class A teams, and therefore eligible to use. The list of leagues that meet the rules, by my understanding, are:

AA Leagues

Eastern League

Southern League

Texas League

Advanced A Leagues

California League

Carolina League

Florida State League

A Leagues

Midwest League

South Atlantic League

Short-Season A Leagues

New York Penn League

Northwest League

If I am in the wrong, please let me know.

LvZYtbZ.png

I know this is a stretch, but what is the Golden Baseball League classified under?

Worthless :D Just kidding. That makes me wonder, what about the Northern League :therock:

I do have an idea in mind for my "entry" :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Nevermind, I was going to do Rickey Henderson's San Diego Surf Dogs but I found another team.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Include the team name and show the current primary logo in your submission, as a reference.

Do you want the name and current logo in the jpeg or simply in the email?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrƩal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The Golden Baseball League and Northern League are not, strictly speaking, "classified" minor-leagues. They are independent minor-leagues and operate outside the realm of affiliated minor-league baseball.

Are they even really "Minor Leagues", I know realistically they are, but no association with minor league baseball should remove that destinction from their name.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Ā 

"The Mothership" ā€¢ News ā€¢ Facebook ā€¢ X/Twitter ā€¢ Instagram

The Golden Baseball League and Northern League are not, strictly speaking, "classified" minor-leagues. They are independent minor-leagues and operate outside the realm of affiliated minor-league baseball.

Are they even really "Minor Leagues", I know realistically they are, but no association with minor league baseball should remove that destinction from their name.

I would consider them independant professional but the term "minor" to me at least implies your ability to work up from out of it.

I dare somebody to do the Montgomery Biscuits ^_^

Why? Too hard for you, talentless clown?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

Ā 

Ī“Ī”Ī’!

Ā 

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If it's not part of the major league farm system, then no.

Also, current teams only.

Use minorleaguebaseball.com if you need an additional reference.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived