Arkansas RimRockers

fiasco!

sorry if this has already been covered....very aba-ish logo:

dleaguerockers.gif

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3200260

RimRockers unveil new logo

07/27/05 - NBA Development League (D-League) Arkansas RimRockers

LITTLE ROCK, Ark., July 27-The 2005-06 season brings a new league, the NBA Development League, and a new logo to the Arkansas RimRockers. The RimRockers adopted a new logo, which was designed by the NBA's creative marketing team. The logo is a reflection of Arkansas' transition into the D-league. When the RimRockers acquired the new logo, they also gained a slight variation in their original colors, which ultimately are still red, white and blue.

"We knew we would have to make changes to our logo when we joined the new league but we wanted to keep it as close to the original RimRockers logo as possible," Scotty Adams, vice president of marketing, said. "We feel our fans can identify with the word mark in the logo, which is more widely used on RimRockers merchandise, however, it is our hope that the entire logo will be well received."

In addition to the new league and logo, new game uniforms will feature the team nickname on home jerseys and the city name on road uniforms. In addition to distinctive D-League and individual team logos embroidered on the uniform, an NBA team logo will be affixed to the jersey of a player who is assigned to the D-League to help identify his NBA affiliation.

The NBA Development League will tip off its fifth season on November 18, 2005. The league includes the Fayetteville Patriots (N.C.), Florida Flame (Ft. Myers), Roanoke Dazzle (Va.), Arkansas RimRockers (Little Rock), as well as teams in Albuquerque (N.M.), Tulsa (Okla.) and Austin and Fort Worth (Texas).

Designed to help grow the sport of basketball both domestically and internationally, the league also offers fun, family entertainment at affordable prices. The D-League is a source of on-court talent for the NBA's 30 teams and is a diverse human resources pool for the NBA and its teams by training employees in management, operations, public relations, sales and marketing positions.

my question is why include that one itty bitty piece of gold... they used silver everywhere else

Yeah, that - plus the Black dropshadow where there isn't any Black anywhere else...

ill say this......i think it sucks. all the nbdl teams had pretty nice logos..especially the altitude, until now. its really ABAish

Let's all remember - this WAS an ABA team. Whadya expect?

any leaks about what the new team/city nicknames will be?

Albuquerque ___

Austin ___

Fort Worth ___

Tulsa ___

Also has anyone done any concepts with these? I've been working on one for Fort Worth and will try to get it up this weekend when I have some free time.

KUHawks.png

Archived