NFL Ugly Unis

cincodemayo1

Updated: Sep. 8, 2005, 5:55 PM ET

Browns picked for ugliest uniforms

Associated Press

So who has the best uniforms in the NFL?

According to a survey conducted by Directions Research, Inc., the Cleveland Browns have the league's worst, and the Dallas Cowboys have the best.

The survey of 1,149 randomly selected Americans also showed fans prefer the togs worn by the Patriots, Steelers, Dolphins and Vikings, in that order.

Getting votes for worst uniform behind the Browns were the Bengals, Packers, Ravens and, yes, the Dolphins. Sort of reminiscent of when Howard Cosell was voted the most liked -- and most disliked -- sportscaster in America.

I do agree that the Cleveland Browns have pretty crappy jerseys and the Cowboys are pretty nice, but I wouldn't say they are the best and worst. I was shocked, however, that the Dolphins and Packers were listed among the worst. I think their color schemes and designs are classic and are very unique. My vote for the best NFL jersey is the Eagles and the worst goes to the Bengals.

I was absolutely in love with the Cincinnati Bengals unis they had up until the '03 season, I got a White Carson Palmer one, then they go and change them on me. I think the tiger sleeves are horrendous. Howeever: They are not the worst in the league. That honor belongs to the Arizona Cardinals new jerseys, who retained a traditional helmet coupled with a NFL Europe-looking uniform?? If they changed the helmet more, maybe I could consider them passable. The Buffalo Bills get honorable mention here, they need to pick either Royal or Navy blue, and stick with it. As for the best? The Jets, Chargers, Colts, Packers, and Patriots come to mind.

Depends on how the survey was conducted. Much of the opinions posted on this board are clouded by tradition and winning. If that is taken out of the equation, I would expect the survey to be fairly accurate. I'm a bit surprised by the Dolphins being on the list.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The survey of 1,149 randomly selected Americans also showed fans prefer the togs worn by the Patriots, Steelers, Dolphins and Vikings, in that order.

Vikings among the best? It's purple! What would ESPN Uni Watch's Paul Lucas say?

(Answer: Who cares)

Whats wrong with purple? Real men wear purple.

Untitled-1.png

I agree with Cincy as the worst.

As for best, I find the Cowboys white jersey very plain. I liked it when they used the old notched number font, because that made them distinctive. Right now I just find them dull.

I like the Texans white, the Lions blue and the 49ers white in that order.

According to a survey conducted by Directions Research, Inc., the Cleveland Browns have the league's worst, and the Dallas Cowboys have the best.

WTF? That should be the other way around. The Browns have the greatest unis of all time, idc what anybody says.

:P (Ignore all I say.)

Archived