Pats jerseys

EagleFan344

Nope.  It's White.  One of those incredibly stupid inconsistencies that drives me crazy.

There's not much silver on the white jerseys, interestingly enough. Collar...and logos on the sleeves/front of neck.

Also, on replica white jerseys, the navy is so dark that the numbers look black. Took me at least a day looking at mine to figure out if it really was navy or not.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 1 month later...
Nope.  It's White.  One of those incredibly stupid inconsistencies that drives me crazy.

Here's a comparison (using the Pantone Textile colors):

NewEnglandPatriots_NumCompare_2005_.jpg

I agree with Pantone about the inconsistency, but I have a hunch we disagree on the solution (though I would never presume to speak for him). I think the best way to resolve the inconsistency would be to make the first/inner outline on the home/blue jersey blue so both sets have an outline that matches the jersey color. I love the white inner outline on the white jersey.

The other option, of course, would be to make both outlines silver. Anyone have any thoughts on which they would prefer?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I agree with Pantone about the inconsistency, but I have a hunch we disagree on the solution (though I would never presume to speak for him). I think the best way to resolve the inconsistency would be to make the first/inner outline on the home/blue jersey blue so both sets have an outline that matches the jersey color. I love the white inner outline on the white jersey.

Yeah, the only change that I would make would also be to replace the silver outline with blue.

My reasoning for it is that a progression of white-silver-red is basically light-light-dark, while a progression of blue-white-red is dark-light-dark. I would want these two be made consistent (i.e. one is light-dark-light, the other is dark-light-dark). Changing the white outline to silver on the white jersey wouldn't solve this problem.

Just to add more, my OVERALL preference would be for silver to be either removed completely (and replaced with white), or else to appear as the base color on the pants and helmets and not on the jerseys.

Archived