University of Vermont Football

sc49erfan15

The inspiration for the third team in the mid-majors sans-football series came from the hat I've been rocking for the past week weeks, Vermont...

VermontFootball.png

As always, some notes:

-I felt a white helmet worked best here. Green just didn't work well given the dark color of the logo, and UVM doesn't use yellow much in their basketball or hockey unis, so I went with white and I'm happy with the results. I also preferred the "V-Cat" logo to the plain V.

-As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of striping being consistent throughout whenever practical and possible.

-Once again, striped socks. I love striped socks. I even went with adidas-style shoes that matched the stripes...well, because I could. It may be a little stripe overload with the pants, socks, and shoes...but I kinda like it.

-No alternate this time around. Something just told me that Vermont would go with white pants for home and road, and I went with it and like it.

-Also, I've been trying to make these as close to what the real teams would wear as possible, so I'm not going out on a limb with any futuristic designs...yet, anyway.

As always, comments and constructive criticism is much appreciated and encouraged...thanks in advance!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Very nice. No criticism here.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Beautiful work, dude.

I agree with most of your rationalizing, and the white helmet comes off great.

Two things I thought of:

1. Since green is such a predominant theme state-wide (school colors, state nickname... even the name is French for "Green Mountain"), I could easily see UVM going with green pants with the white jerseys. I agree with keeping the gold to a minimum, but a little more green with the white jerseys would look sharp, especially since you're going with white helmets.

2. Did you try reversing the "V/cat" logo so that the cat is leaping toward the front of the helmet on both sides? Since "V" is a horizontally-symmetrical letter, it doesn't become illegible if you reverse it. And the cat can leap in any direction, might as well try having it go forward. It may suck; just an idea.

Great concept! :notworthy:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Beautiful work, dude.

I agree with most of your rationalizing, and the white helmet comes off great.

Two things I thought of:

1. Since green is such a predominant theme state-wide (school colors, state nickname... even the name is French for "Green Mountain"), I could easily see UVM going with green pants with the white jerseys. I agree with keeping the gold to a minimum, but a little more green with the white jerseys would look sharp, especially since you're going with white helmets.

2. Did you try reversing the "V/cat" logo so that the cat is leaping toward the front of the helmet on both sides? Since "V" is a horizontally-symmetrical letter, it doesn't become illegible if you reverse it. And the cat can leap in any direction, might as well try having it go forward. It may suck; just an idea.

Great concept! :notworthy:

Sounds fair to me...

1. I was totally hung up on having the stripes all identical on the white jersey, but it was pretty much a toss-up between green and white...and I'm a sucker for all-white, so...yeah. I might go back and add green pants to the road, but keep the all-white as an alt.

2. I didn't even notice that. Again, if I go back and change it, that's definitely something I'll switch.

Thanks VitaminD and everybody for the great c&c! :notworthy:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

very nice, just add some more color to the sock stripes so it doesn't look entirely white.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 11 months later...

Archived