SEC Throwback Week

tohasbo

SEC Announces Men's Basketball Throwback Program for 2006 Season

bkc_throwback_164w.jpg

10/26/2005

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference has announced the development of a "Throwback Uniform" program for the upcoming 2006 men's basketball season. Each SEC member school designated a previous year's uniform as its throwback uniform to use in association with the program. Each of the twelve SEC institutions had produced and will wear a home and away version of the throwback uniform.

The SEC along with the Collegiate Licensing Company has developed the program with input from the manufacturer working with each SEC member institution, including Adidas, Nike and Russell Athletics. The two primary components of the program are as follows:

Regular Season

The week of February 18-26 (Saturday through Sunday) has been designated as "SEC Throwback Week". A complete schedule of the games, in which the throwback uniforms will be worn follows. During the SEC Throwback Week, 14 of the 18 games will be televised by one of the SEC's television partners.

SEC Tournament

The specially-designed uniforms will be worn for all games of the 2006 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament, March 9-12 in Nashville, Tennessee. The "throwback" theme has been incorporated into many aspects of the SEC Tournament, including the Official Tournament logo and court design.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC THROWBACK WEEK

Feb. 18 (Saturday)

*Kentucky at South Carolina [CBS] 1:30 p.m. ET

*Florida at Arkansas [JP] 1:00 p.m. CT

*Ole Miss at Mississippi State 2:00 p.m. CT

*Tennessee at Alabama [JP] 3:00 p.m. CT

*LSU at Auburn [FSN/SUN] 5:00 p.m. CT

*Vanderbilt at Georgia [FSN/SUN] 8:00 p.m. ET

Feb. 21 (Tuesday)

*Alabama at Arkansas [ESPN] 8:00 p.m. CT

Feb. 22 (Wednesday)

*Mississippi State at Auburn 7:00 p.m. CT

*LSU at Vanderbilt 7:00 p.m. CT

*Tennessee at Florida [JP] 8:00 p.m. ET

*Ole Miss at Kentucky [JP] 8:00 p.m. ET

Feb. 23 (Thursday)

*South Carolina at Georgia [ESPN] 7:00 p.m. ET

Feb. 25 (Saturday)

*Arkansas at Tennessee [JP] 1:00 p.m. ET

*Vanderbilt at South Carolina [JP] 1:00 p.m. ET

*Kentucky at LSU [CBS] 2:45 p.m. CT

*Georgia at Mississippi State 4:00 p.m. CT

*Auburn at Ole Miss [FSN/SUN] 7:30 p.m. CT

Feb. 26 (Sunday)

*Florida at Alabama [CBS] 3:00 p.m. CT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament

Gaylord Entertainment Center, Nashville, Tennessee

Game Teams Time [TV]

FIRST ROUND - March 9 (Thursday)

Game 1 Eastern #5 vs. Western #4 [JP] Noon CT

Game 2 Western #6 vs. Eastern #3 [JP] 2:15 p.m. CT

Game 3 Western # 5 vs. Eastern #4 [JP] 6:30 p.m. CT

Game 4 Eastern #6 vs. Western #3 [JP] 8:45 p.m. CT

SECOND ROUND - March 10 (Friday)

Game 5 Game 1 Winner vs. Eastern #1 [JP] Noon CT

Game 6 Game 2 Winner vs. Western #2 [JP] 2:15 p.m. CT

Game 7 Game 3 Winner vs. Western #1 [JP] 6:30 p.m. CT

Game 8 Game 4 Winner vs. Eastern #2 [JP] 8:45 p.m. CT

SEMIFINALS - March 11 (Saturday)

Game 9 Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner [JP] Noon CT

Game 10 Game 7 Winner vs. Game 8 Winner [JP] 2:15 p.m. CT

FINALS - March 12 (Sunday)

Game 11 Game 9 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner [CBS] Noon CT

Very interesting.

sweet...that is a neat idea

Agreed. Any word on which years any of the teams have selected?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Kentucky's uniforms have been so traditional year after year, I am wondering if they will wear the early Pitino era Zubas shorts or the Converse faux denim unis. :P

I would bet Florida will either wear their 1994 Final Four or their 2000 Final Four jerseys. Either that or they'll reach back to when Mad Max (Vernon Maxwell) played for them. However he was such a bad apple Florida never acknowledged any of his career stats at the school after he was gone.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Kentucky's uniforms have been so traditional year after year, I am wondering if they will wear the early Pitino era Zubas shorts or the Converse faux denim unis. :P

Call me crazy, but that is probably NOT what the conference had in mind. B)

[Wife's voice from other room -- "Crazy!!"]

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

LSU will wear uniforms from the Pete Maravich era of 1968-70, according to the Baton Rouge newspaper. Not sure which of those two styles, though. One uni had purple letters on white uniform, other had yellow letters on white.

http://www.dugout-memories.com/lsu2.jpg

http://media.lsureveille.com/vimages/share...534e3d-24-1.jpg (pardon the black and white)

I'd be willing to place even money on Tennessee busting out the Bernard King/Ernie Grunfeld era unis for this...

I really like this idea from the SEC...

*wonders if Mike Tranghese over at the Big East is reading this...hello, Mike...this would be a pretty nice idea, ya know :lol: *

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Love this idea and the fact that they are controllling it as a conference and not letting each school choosing when to wear them. I'm betting that they stick with pre-1990 unis, otherwise it is not much of a throwback to wear something from 5-6 years ago. That would be more of a tossback.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Kentucky's uniforms have been so traditional year after year, I am wondering if they will wear the early Pitino era Apex shorts ...

Fixed your post.

As a UK fan, I'll just be glad to see them NOT wearing the silver trim they've been wearing in the Tubby era. Yes, their uniforms have been traditional and really good during Tubby's era, but they added silver trim, and that looks very Memphis State to me (back in the day). Kentucky needs to simply wear blue and white, period.

On a similar note, I'm not exactly thrilled with UK's new threads for this season, with that goofball stripe across the shoulders in the front.

Archived