rumored MLS 2006 addidas kits

RichardWitham

i called them rumored because they arent officially released yet. oh and whoever designed the chivas usa change kit must have been on crack or something

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

oh and whoever designed the chivas usa change kit must have been on crack or something

Why, isn't that the same kit that Guadalajarra wears (and who's very identity is the mold for the team)?

I like that Adidas left the main design for the Metros alone. Kudos. ^_^

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

FC Dallas now proudly presents you with hoopless hoops.

The Fire and DC United have been unceremoniously squished.

And side ribbons, side ribbons, side ribbons.

Looks like LA, KC, and MetroStars were the only ones to come out unscathed.

The only place I'd point to an upgrade is for San Jose. Otherwise, this is what happens when one company gets to re-brand a whole league, as seen in the CFL earlier this year. Makes you bite your nails a little bit harder for the NHL in '06, doesn't it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hated teh Crew's new set when I first saw it, still hate it. maybe one of these days they'll pacify me with a heritage round...ah, who am I kidding? <_< the originals looked a hell of a lot better than the current rags, of course they're not coming back :evil:

I do like the new Quakes set though, looks like the only one where they made more than a halfassed effort.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The futures of both Kansas City and San Jose are up in the air at this point. Contraction, suspension and relocation have been bantered about with the rumor that announcements regarding these two franchises will be made next week after the Cup final this Sunday.

While the proposed designs for these two teams may be uninspired and/or simple, don't be surpirsed to see something different next year that what is shown right now...

oh and whoever designed the chivas usa change kit must have been on crack or something

Why, isn't that the same kit that Guadalajarra wears (and who's very identity is the mold for the team)?

I like that Adidas left the main design for the Metros alone. Kudos. ^_^

it is, but remember, they had a blue kit that they wore when they played dallas.......

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

FC Dallas now proudly presents you with hoopless hoops.

The Fire and DC United have been unceremoniously squished.

And side ribbons, side ribbons, side ribbons.

Looks like LA, KC, and MetroStars were the only ones to come out unscathed.

The only place I'd point to an upgrade is for San Jose.  Otherwise, this is what happens when one company gets to re-brand a whole league, as seen in the CFL earlier this year.  Makes you bite your nails a little bit harder for the NHL in '06, doesn't it?

Ditto. If you're going to have hoops, have hoops. And don't mess with D.C. United's kit. The horizontal stripes, which have been their signature since Year One, will now be almost unrecognizable from any significant distance. :mad:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The futures of both Kansas City and San Jose are up in the air at this point.  Contraction, suspension and relocation have been bantered about with the rumor that announcements regarding these two franchises will be made next week after the Cup final this Sunday.

While the proposed designs for these two teams may be uninspired and/or simple, don't be surpirsed to see something different next year that what is shown right now...

Since the MLS cup is here in Dallas(actually Frisco, a suburb), the Morning News has been covering soccer more this week. They printed an article about San Jose possibly moving to Houston. Also, stated that Toronto is possibly getting a franchise no later than the 2007 season.

here is a link to the article:Title game only part of the local MLS story

rangersCBSig.gif

Boy when FC Dallas and Chivas play who wears what kit? ? ? ?

If FC Dallas wears their main kit, heck both of CHivas look similar. Will they make Dallas wear the grey one?

Wouldn't the road team wear a clash kit in cases like this?

As for the overall design, not bad overall. Not crazy about adidas's reliance on the bib patterns, and what they did to DC United is a mistake. Beyond that, they're fine.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

There are two kits that are missing. There is a blue strip for Chicago, based on the city flag, and a dark green Gals third strip.

I agree with you that Dallas and Chivas USA look waaaay too much alike, even though one is vertical and one horizontal. Mind you, stripes and hoops are very much a part of footy culture, but I have never seen two similar colors used like CUSA on a home AND a change strip.

Methinks FU Dallas will have to wear gray hoops whenever they play the Goats. What's wrong with the blues??

Boy when FC Dallas and Chivas play who wears what kit? ? ? ?

If FC Dallas wears their main kit, heck both of CHivas look similar.  Will they make Dallas wear the grey one?

Wouldn't the road team wear a clash kit in cases like this?

As for the overall design, not bad overall. Not crazy about adidas's reliance on the bib patterns, and what they did to DC United is a mistake. Beyond that, they're fine.

Yes but what happens when Chivas is on the road and their "clash kit" looks a lot like Dallas' regular home strip?

fade.gif

So, let me see if I've got this straight:

* Chivas, Colorado, Dallas, Los Angeles, MetroStars, New England and DC are all wearing the same template.

* Columbus, Chicago and Salt Lake are all wearing the same template.

* Kansas City and San Jose share the same template.

In other words, three basic uniform templates for the entire 12-team league. One of these templates - the one being worn by no fewer than seven clubs - forces the current craze for "bib" styling down our throats. On top of that, significant style elements on two of the league's more admired uniforms - the three stripes on the torso of DC United's kit and the band containing the team name on the Chicago Fire's kit - have been tampered with... and not for the better. Despite claiming to wear "hooped" uniforms, FC Dallas' kits no longer truly feature hoops. The uniforms of Columbus and Real Salt Lake both feature ribbon-like striping that, IMHO, detracts from the overall look of the kits. San Jose's kits feature an undulating side-panel that looks atrocious.

Overall, in this fan's opinion, Adidas has s**t the bed as exclusive MLS uniform manufacturer.

damn you adidas! adidas does this every other year - good classy kits (in a template, yes, but still classy), then plopty weird kits. i have to say nike looks better in the soccer apparel department. actually, i like umbro's stuff the best - it's the most comfortable to wear and looks the best. i hate the trend in US sports for one manufacturer (ahem REEBOK) to supply the uniforms for every team. But adidas has just made the MLS look baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd for 2006. its really too bad.

OD_Signature.jpg

So, let me see if I've got this straight:

* Chivas, Colorado, Dallas, Los Angeles, MetroStars, New England and DC are all wearing the same template.

* Columbus, Chicago and Salt Lake are all wearing the same template.

* Kansas City and San Jose share the same template.

In other words, three basic uniform templates for the entire 12-team league. One of these templates - the one being worn by no fewer than seven clubs - forces the current craze for "bib" styling down our throats. On top of that, significant style elements on two of the league's more admired uniforms - the three stripes on the torso of DC United's kit and the band containing the team name on the Chicago Fire's kit - have been tampered with... and not for the better. Despite claiming to wear "hooped" uniforms, FC Dallas' kits no longer truly feature hoops. The uniforms of Columbus and Real Salt Lake both feature ribbon-like striping that, IMHO, detracts from the overall look of the kits. San Jose's kits feature an undulating side-panel that looks atrocious.

Overall, in this fan's opinion, Adidas has s**t the bed as exclusive MLS uniform manufacturer.

:notworthy:. Perfectly stated.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived