Detroit Lions Concept

logodawg

I think is one of those concepts that you will either love or hate.

I tried to update their logo from the 50s when the Lions were actually good.

I didn't do an alternate uni because IMO Detroit shouldn't have one.

lion_crap.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The lion is shaped more like a pig, but I like where you're going with the logo. If you took the pinstripes away from the jerseys and put the lion logo on the helmets, I think it'd look a lot better. Nice work...

QPR%20Sig.png

Pinstripes? on my Lions? It's not a horrible idea, but umm...well, I just don't like it. I don't think any football jersey would look good pinstriped. There really shouldn't be black in any Lions jersey, they should stick to blue, silver, and white. I kind of like that you went with the old logo, although there's nothing wrong with their current one. However, I think the helmet should have a lion on it, not the D. I like the wordmark(the Lions one), but the olde english "Detroit" doesn't seem to fit well with it. Putting two different serifed fonts together never really works out. It's a very interesting and different idea, but I'm not really digging it. The Lions are too classic to have any sort of drastic uniform change.

By the way- What font is that?...the "Lions" one

First of all, I would just use the old logo without the update. I've always thought that it was cool on its own (see below).

472.gif

Beyond that, I'm not digging the pinstripes. Maybe something like the soccer-style shadow stripes the Patriots were for a few years in the 90s, but not pinstripes.

I would also stick with the lion on the helmet instead of the D. In your concept, it is very hard to read the D because it is very detailed and half of it blends into the blue stripe.

Finally, I'll disagree with Shumway on the black. Used as trim/accent, it is fine with me. The amount that you have used is reasonable since you didn't go overboard.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Not really feeling this concept.

The Lion looks more like a pig than a lion. I would use the old school logo (1961-1969)... DET_472.gif ...in lieu of the pig-like lion logo.

I would also get rid of the pinstripes on the jersey; it's better suited for baseball. Go with the soccer style shadow stripes (a la New England Patriots) instead.

YOZXkBG.png?1

The Lion looks more like a pig than a lion. I would use the old school logo (1961-1969)... DET_472.gif ...in lieu of the pig-like lion logo.

I would also get rid of the pinstripes on the jersey; it's better suited for baseball. Go with the soccer style shadow stripes (a la New England Patriots) instead.

Way to chime in from the Department of Repetition Department...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

When looking at the font you used for the "LIONS" the N, and the O are very hard to differentiate because the only difference is the skinny line going underneath, expecially with the black outline, that has to be fixed one way or another.

Way to chime in from the Department of Repetition Department...

i was about to say that it looks like a pig more than a lion..........

not that bad....the script looks like it says LIIIIIS, they all look like I's....

i dont think pinstripes will fly in the NFL, but good effort......

not that shabby...

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

I also hate the wordmark; It's FUGLY! It doesn't look like it's spelled "Lions" at all!

TRASH THIS CONCEPT; TRASH IT NOW!!

Nice C&C, idiot. How old are you again?<_<

Now, the mane of the lion needs to spread out a little instead of just horizantal. The wordmark needs to be thicker in some parts. The silver numbers look nice, but the pinstripes I could do without. How about some teeth on the lion? Might look pretty good. Overall, it can easily be improved, keep at it.

Where do I start? The logo looks like a pig with a pointed arrow for a tail. The script does look like LIIIIIS.What is that helmet logo!? This ain't baseball! That D belongs on a baseball cap.What's up with the blue and silver isosceles trapizoids behind the D? Now to the unis. What's this? Pinstripes? Like I said before "This ain't baseball!" Way too many stripes on the sleeves! Sorry, I see no potenital for this concept unless the D is moved to a baseball hat.

solution? simple:

Sanders,Barry27.jpg

True. Very true. Bring Burreh back too, he proved he could do it without having an O-line. He may hold the record for lost yardage, but he's still 3rd all-time. Emmitt who?

Back on topic, I think this would be the most simple solution:

31-30066-P.jpg

about the only thing I like is the pinstripes and the sleeve striping. the logos are good ideas executed poorly...as mentioned, lions shouldn't wind up looking like weiner dogs wearing furry ponchos ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived