Blatant rip off

Geoff

You'd think they could afford to hire one of our (CC Boards) graphic experts to do up a new logo - instead they have to go and rip off one that already exsists.

There are fantasy teams that could do better for a logo - JERKS! :cursing:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I noticed this when catching up on the Indoor football happeneings I missed during Marching season.

http://www.centexbarracudas.com/

Theirs:

31.jpeg

My beloved Pensacola Barracudas (RIP):

PensacolaBarracudas.GIF

PensacolaBarracudas3.GIF

Over/Under on an af2 lawsuit: 10 minutes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously, what's wrong with formally requesting a logo and paying for it? You get your own, unique look, zero risk of a lawsuit, and you made someone happy by using their work legally. Cough up some money and do it the right way.

Yeah, I emailed the team president.

So did I:

Dear Chad,

When I come to attend one of your team's games, is it okay if I just go ahead and wear my Pensacola Barracudas shirt instead of buying one of your team's?  I mean after all, its pretty much the same logo, right?  Please let me know if it's okay.

:lol: Hilarious, dude.

So did I:

Dear Chad,

When I come to attend one of your team's games, is it okay if I just go ahead and wear my Pensacola Barracudas shirt instead of buying one of your team's?  I mean after all, its pretty much the same logo, right?  Please let me know if it's okay.

Nice e-mail, mac. He'll say it's okay, he'll definitely understand. ^_^

teamsnew2.png

So did I:

Dear Chad,

lol onya Mac,

yeh and the name Centex sounds like some company name....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

So did I:

Dear Chad,

lol onya Mac,

Because it is.....

Centex Homes

So did I:

Dear Chad,

any response?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

So did I:

Dear Chad,

lol onya Mac,

Because it is.....

Centex Homes

that could be one reason why i guess

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Um.... you guys realize it's not the same logo, right?

I know there are some similarities, and one definitely looks inspired by the other, but everything from the eye to the details to shape of the fish are clearly different.

So did I:

Dear Chad,

any response?

Dunno. Haven't checked that e-mail account since sending it. If I get one, I'll let you know.

nav-logo.png

Um.... you guys realize it's not the same logo, right?

I know there are some similarities, and one definitely looks inspired by the other, but everything from the eye to the details to shape of the fish are clearly different.

True.

It just looks like someone re-rendered it in Illustrator, while looking at the Pensacola logo from a fax on their desk.

You saying you wouldn't be pissed if you did the Pensacola logo?

:P

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Dear Chad,

I'm sure they already swiped the same shirts anyways. It'll save them from ordering their own!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived