Giving the Brewer's glove a facelift

logodawg

Since the Brewers seem hellbent on bringing the Ball in Glove back, I figured it could use a slight facelift.

I used their current colors and wordmark. I also put the barley leaf in where the mitt webbing is suppost to be.

C+C please

milglove.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Good ideas, but both seem forced and unnecessary for two logos who can stand alone on their own merits (and when it comes to the ball-in-glove logo, I use the term "merits" loosely). The barley sprig seems especially forced against the webbing.

QPR%20Sig.png

Good ideas, but both seem forced and unnecessary for two logos who can stand alone on their own merits (and when it comes to the ball-in-glove logo, I use the term "merits" loosely).  The barley sprig seems especially forced against the webbing.

I really don't care one way or the other for the glove logo, but I really like this re-colorization. The wordmark seems a little forced, but the barley sprig is a really good idea. I don't think it looks forced because it doesn't stand out too much. Nice touch, and good work.

AM.gif

Good ideas, but both seem forced and unnecessary for two logos who can stand alone on their own merits (and when it comes to the ball-in-glove logo, I use the term "merits" loosely). The barley sprig seems especially forced against the webbing.

This summed it up perfectly for me. "Forced" comes to mind with both of them, especially with the second one. Regardless of what your feelings on the B&G are, the present wordmark looks out of place with a logo that predates it by many years. That, and the wordmark obscures the "B" in the "B&G".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Good idea.

How about trying the barley sprig as the stitching on the baseball?

Seconded.

Plus, I like the use of Copperplate. Using copperplate for their numbers/letters would be a big improvement over Times, I think.

If you're going to use the "Brewers" wordmark with it, I'd say to put it underneath the B&G, as opposed to on top of it.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I think it's pretty good. You could argue that the barley is overkill, but I think it ties in well with their current look. And the updated ball is a no brainer. The ball was (is) so bad on the original ball/glove logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Pretty nice looking - I love the new colors with the old ball logo...great job!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived