MVP 06: The College Years

BJ Sands

It hasn't arrived yet in my school's bookstore for me to student charge (charge to my school account without my folks knowing). How is it? Is it still the best baseball game around? How realistic are the uniforms, stadiums, etc...?

It depends on your taste of baseball games.

They have most of the stadiums, I believe (considering they only have 128 teams in the game).

The only thing that might throw you off is the new hitting control (you use the right analog stick).

It depends on your taste of baseball games.

They have most of the stadiums, I believe (considering they only have 128 teams in the game).

The only thing that might throw you off is the new hitting control (you use the right analog stick).

There's 19 real stadiums I think. Then there are a few fake stadiums and 4 slots for create-a-ballpark.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

I bought it on saturday. Its nice that it's only $30.

I was up in the air about the new hitting, but I like it now that im used to it. Im NOT a fan of the right analog fielding, so I use the classic option for that. Im not sure if it was on 05, but the "strikes only" feature is nice, cause the games go a little faster, and the comp doesnt throw you junk all day, yet still challenging.

Im enjoying dynasty mode quite a bit. Trying to turn the "Portland Pilots" into a powerhouse.

Im not happy with the create a university because your colors are based on the premade logo that you choose.

Create-a-stadium is nice, because even if your options for the scenery are limited, you can just go online to get your field's dementions, and build accordingly. All the MLB dimensions are available.

My only wish would be if you could pick the RBG colors of the available logos, and if they would have included letters for caps/logos like they have in madden, but where it would seem to fit more in a baseball game.

It's still early, but so far, so fun. B)

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

It hasn't arrived yet in my school's bookstore for me to student charge

Damn, Brady Commons has changed a bit since I went to Mizzou. When I was there I was lucky if they even had all of the books I needed for my history classes.

If there's only 19 real parks on there (and I'm assuming Rosenblatt is one of them), could someone post which ones they are? I'm guessing that most of the major Pac 10, SEC and ACC schools' parks are represented and perhaps some of the bigger programs such as Oklahoma State, Wichita State, Texas and Cal State Fullerton have their parks in their as well. I'm guessing Mizzou's Simmons Field is not.

Goodwin Field (Fullerton) is in the game, but that's the only one I know for sure. I've been playing as the Titans, and I haven't faced a real park yet, but my only road games were BYU and Fresno State so far.

I don't think you're going to find a better game on the market, and especially not for $30. I'd recommend it. The create-a-team function is disappointing, so I scrapped it early on, but the game play is a step above last year's, save for the new throwing mechanism (I'm using the classic option for that, too), and I loved last year's MVP.

Less bling, more ping! ^_^

No. I don't think any of the Big 10 stadiums are in it actually.

David

That sucks, I mean michigan has won national championships and was in the tourney last year, and I know Illinois has had some success too...

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Damn, Brady Commons has changed a bit since I went to Mizzou. When I was there I was lucky if they even had all of the books I needed for my history classes.

(I don't know if you've heard but there is going to be a total renovation starting later this year.

Like the renovation of the Rec Center, it is going to be totally over the top and a waste of money.)

How does the gameplay change when one chooses to use wood bats instead of aluminum?

it doesn't have ms state's ballpark on it. this is a crime. if there's one sport we definitely have some history in its baseball

Poop. That's one of the best stadiums in the nation, and they don't have it.

Oh well, I'm still playing as MSU when I get it :P

Archived