Vikings Concept

Dylancougar

I'm still kind of new at making concepts. But I thought I give it another try and see what happens. I know this is radically different from what Minnesota has now, so I hope it doesn't upset too many Vikings fans, but I wanted to come up with something completly different then what they have now.

C&C welcome.

VIKINGS.jpg

Pretty Nice Concept. A college or high school would put these unis to good use - the NFL wouldn't. Great job!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I dont understand why everyone always wants them to use that gold, the yellow gold is perfect.

I totally agree, wilson.

In fact, I'm getting tired of seeing that soft gold used almost everywhere now. It's fine for some teams, but just wrong for others. The yellow-gold the Vikings have now is, as you pointed out, perfect for the Vikings.

Those sure are some horny Vikings. (Ba-dum-ching)

The horns on the helmet make sense (though still not historically accurate.)

but to put horns on the sleeves and the socks is a bit of overkill. That is why God created secondary logos, to avoid this type of helmet-logo abuse. The Rams finally gave up on the sleeve horns, I don't see the Vikings suddenly jumping on the idea.

And are the White uni sleeves supposed to be white or grey?

And are the White uni sleeves supposed to be white or grey?

The sleeves are supposed to be white.

White at home for the Vikings?

LOL yeah the white was meant to be the away jersey, I just now noticed what did.

I dont understand why everyone always wants them to use that gold, the yellow gold is perfect.

I just think would gold go better, with the purple.

i like the whole uniform overhaul including the gold helmet with purple horn. however i do think the viking horn is overused and should be regulated to a helmet logo and thats it. The Paul Sr.(American Chopper reference) logo works better as a sleeve logo than the horn.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The horns on the helmet make sense (though still not historically accurate.)

This is true -- real Vikings never wore horned helmets.

However, we of Scandinavian heritage -- great-great-etc.-grandchildren of the real Vikings -- accept the horned helmets as part of Viking lore. Same with the wings on the helmets.

And we Minnesota Vikings fans DEMAND horns on the helmets.

Alright some liked the gold, some didn't, and suggested I use the original colors. So I revised it little with yellow, instead of gold. Athougth I still think gold goes much better with the purple, but whatever. And thanks for all the C & C. Let me know what you think.

VIKINGS-YELLOW.jpg

The revision is better.

I'm confused about the gray pants as well. Are they supposed to be white?

Biggest remaining beef is white the all-white alts. I'd rather see purple as the predominant trim color if you're going to go all-white (which I wouldn't FWIW).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived