Seton Hall Football

sc49erfan15

This will be the last one I do for a few days, as I'm leaving for Greensboro tomorrow to catch the Winthrop-Tennessee first-round game. The game before Winthrop-Tennessee is Seton Hall-Wichita State, and that inspired the choice for this concept. Plus, I've always liked the name "Seton Hall." I have no idea who Seton Hall was, assuming it's a person's name, but it rolls off the tongue well and just sounds cool. Let me also say that Seton Hall vector logos do not exist, nor do large raster versions. I kinda had to make do with what I could find and use Silhouette to vectorize smaller versions, so they kinda look crappy and there's no wordmark. I'll shut up now, on to the concept.

SetonHallFootball2.png

-I was lost on what to do with this one for a LONG time. Everything was either too traditional or too modern and it looked like shiat. Then, I had an idea and ran with it...and the striping is the result. Now, I have NO idea how this would look on a real jersey, but I think it looks good on the concept. And I definitely did not get the idea from this. :D

-The concept started out with the SH logo on the helmet, but I switched to the pirate head. Dunno why, just liked it more.

-No matching sock stripes, as much as I wanted to include them. I guess I figured that all these new teams wouldn't have sweet sock stripes, unfortunately.

-There were originally only two jerseys. Then, I said "What the hell" and made a silver alternate. They're a lot easier to stomach than gold alternates. And since I didn't want to waste space, I included a simple all-white away alternate.

-Oh, and I don't know how visible it is, but the number font is altered just a little. The middle...(what's that called) of the 3 points out both ways, the inside serifs on the 3 point inward, as does the inside serif on the 6, and the upper right corner in the inside box of the 6 points inward as well. It matched the font used on the secondary logo.

And that's pretty much all I can ramble about. ^_^ C&C is always welcomed, thanks for taking the time to look at/read/reply to all this mess! :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

IMO this is beautiful. flawless. amazing. one-of-a-kind. i cant really explain why i'm in love with it so much, but it is just such a visually appealing concept. the extended sleeve stripe is brilliant, and so is the fact that the other sleeve stripes stick to just the sleeves. i feel like you considered every part of the uniform while creating, and it shows a lot. awesome job.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Seton Hall an Adidas team? I'm not sure you designed this concept with that in mind, but it definitely looks Adidas to me (but in a good way). Interesting integration of jersey striping/shoulder piping. My only critique is that Seton Hall's uniforms use black as a secondary trim color more than they use silver, but I don't really know where you could have used it here without it looking tacked on. Great job overall.

QPR%20Sig.png

These look great. Like everyone else, I love how you combined the sleeve stripes and the piping across the chest.

My only question is why you went with two pairs of white pants. They both look good, though I THINK I like the alt pants better because they mimic the sleeve stripes. I just think it would be simpler to have one pair.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wow, thanks a lot everybody. :D

Moser- I'm not sure. If they are an adidas team, I guess this works even better. And silver looked a lot better than black, and you're right, it would have looked too busy. Thanks!

leopard- Thanks a lot. And about the pants..ehh..it's an illusion. It really doesn't exist. A figment of your imagination. Haha...the white pants on the alt meant to be the same as the other white pants, but they got screwed up when I coped the entire away jersey and just changed the pants color to white. Screw-up on my part, but you're right, I like the alt pants better as well. They just don't go with the other two uniforms...I'll have to mess with it later and see if I can make them work. Thanks again, everyone!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

This will be the last one I do for a few days, as I'm leaving for Greensboro tomorrow to catch the Winthrop-Tennessee first-round game. The game before Winthrop-Tennessee is Seton Hall-Wichita State, and that inspired the choice for this concept. Plus, I've always liked the name "Seton Hall." I have no idea who Seton Hall was, assuming it's a person's name, but it rolls off the tongue well and just sounds cool. Let me also say that Seton Hall vector logos do not exist, nor do large raster versions. I kinda had to make do with what I could find and use Silhouette to vectorize smaller versions, so they kinda look crappy and there's no wordmark. I'll shut up now, on to the concept.

SetonHallFootball2.png

-I was lost on what to do with this one for a LONG time. Everything was either too traditional or too modern and it looked like shiat. Then, I had an idea and ran with it...and the striping is the result. Now, I have NO idea how this would look on a real jersey, but I think it looks good on the concept. And I definitely did not get the idea from this. :D

-The concept started out with the SH logo on the helmet, but I switched to the pirate head. Dunno why, just liked it more.

-No matching sock stripes, as much as I wanted to include them. I guess I figured that all these new teams wouldn't have sweet sock stripes, unfortunately.

-There were originally only two jerseys. Then, I said "What the hell" and made a silver alternate. They're a lot easier to stomach than gold alternates. And since I didn't want to waste space, I included a simple all-white away alternate.

-Oh, and I don't know how visible it is, but the number font is altered just a little. The middle...(what's that called) of the 3 points out both ways, the inside serifs on the 3 point inward, as does the inside serif on the 6, and the upper right corner in the inside box of the 6 points inward as well. It matched the font used on the secondary logo.

And that's pretty much all I can ramble about. ^_^ C&C is always welcomed, thanks for taking the time to look at/read/reply to all this mess! :D

Excellent work - I love it!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

When I first saw this, I was like "what the heck is with that stripe"....but the more I looked at them, the more I liked it....I really like everything about them all, except the gray socks on the primary road uniform....I think they would look better being white, but that's just me...

This whole set looks great....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

SetonHallFootball2.png

Great job.

One question: do I see the Big East Conference logo on the jersey? I better get my creative mind in action and draw a Division 1-A stadium. 36,000 sounds about right for Seton Hall.

SetonHallFootball2.png

-I was lost on what to do with this one for a LONG time. Everything was either too traditional or too modern and it looked like shiat. Then, I had an idea and ran with it...and the striping is the result. Now, I have NO idea how this would look on a real jersey, but I think it looks good on the concept. And I definitely did not get the idea from this:D

And that's pretty much all I can ramble about.  ^_^ C&C is always welcomed, thanks for taking the time to look at/read/reply to all this mess!  :D

Great job.

One question: do I see the Big East Conference logo on the jersey? I better get my creative mind in action and draw a Division 1-A stadium. 36,000 sounds about right for Seton Hall.

If SHU had a team, they'd probably play at Giants Stadium...

West Orange (where Seton Hall is) is pretty close to the Meadowlands (and seeing the hoops team already calls Continental Airlines Arena home...)

That being said, these are pretty darn snazzy...I could see the Pirates wearing these if they did have a football team..

(BTW, the school got it's name from Mother Mary Seton, a prominent figure in Catholicism in North America (might have been the first US Saint, but I'm not sure on that)...makes sense seeing it's a Catholic school).

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

(BTW, the school got it's name from Mother Mary Seton, a prominent figure in Catholicism in North America (might have been the first US Saint, but I'm not sure on that)...makes sense seeing it's a Catholic school).

I don't know about the Seton Hall connection, but you're probably thinking of Mother Elizabeth Seton (not all nuns are named Mary, it just seems that way :P ).

She was the first native-born North American saint (canonized in 1975).

National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton (Emmitsburg, MD).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't know about the Seton Hall connection, but you're probably thinking of Mother Elizabeth Seton (not all nuns are named Mary, it just seems that way :P ).

She was the first native-born North American saint (canonized in 1975).

National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton (Emmitsburg, MD).

Thanks for the correction there, leopard....:lol:

Yeah..it was named after her.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived