Bradley Football

sc49erfan15

In the George Mason concept thread, several people asked for Bradley to be the next team in this project. The truth is that I actually already had Bradley done (as well as a few other teams) but I'm posting these one at a time rather than bombarding the whole concept forum with them. That said, here we go:

BradleyFootball.png

-Yes, it's traditional. Very traditional. It's the first extremely traditional one in this series, actually. Bradley has a very simple logo with no alternate or wordmark, and when their football team was disbanded in the early 1970's, they wore uniforms similar to these. I just felt traditional was the way to go here. Hey, these are small schools, I'm trying to make them as realistic as possible, and everybody isn't going to wear something modern.

-Let's start with the helmet. Numbers, as some of the last Bradley teams wore. I think numbers are a very classy look and to my knowledge, only three D-1 teams (newly numbered Syracuse, 1-AA Georgia Southern, and of course Alabama) use numbers. It was also quite a conundrum to put a red and white logo on a helmet that could only be red or white.

-Pretty basic uniforms, with numbers intended to replicate the BU in the logo. No name on the back, even more traditional.

-Basic pants and socks, couldn't resist those sock stripes, especially with a traditional concept.

Basically, sorry if I disappointed the people who asked for Bradley in the earlier post, if you wanted something modern...this isn't it. I just didn't think Bradley would go that route. As always, both positive and negative C&C is welcomed, just try to elaborate on why if it's negative. Thanks in advance, guys!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Nothing to add, nothing to say. Friggin' awesome.

I know you said BU doesn't have a wordmark, but you could always take the script "Braves" off of the BU logo and use that beneath the collars of the jerseys. Not that you have to; I wouldn't change a thing.

Best one yet, which is saying something, because I've liked just about all of them (except George :cursing: Mason, but I have my reasons... ;) )

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I love it. If Bradley were to ever take the field again, I'm pretty sure their unis would look a lot like these. I love the traditional look you have going for these.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I really like the traditional feel of these. My only nitpick is that the jersey features black on the sleeve trim, collar, and numbers. The helmet has black on the numbers, and possibly the striping (can't tell.) But the bottom half has no black.

If the helmet has a black stripe inside the two white stripes (it kind of looks like it does) then maybe replicate that pattern on the pants / socks?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks a lot, everyone...glad you like them.

-I think I will add the "Braves" as a wordmark, but I'll leave the jerseys the way they are.

-The helmet does look like it has a black stripe, but that's just the black outline of the helmet itself. The striping goes white-red-white.

-Moser - Soon enough. ^_^

Once again, thanks guys!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

It looks like the offspring of the 1950s/1994 throwback 49ers uniforms (red and white with dropshadow numbers) and the Cardinals last uniforms before the update (particularly the pants stripes). That is meant as a good thing. Nice job. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 1 month later...

Archived