MLB color combos you lilked to see.

HatManTC

Since the majority of the MLB wears Red and a form of blue as their color combo. what color combos would you like to see on fields this summer.

personally i would love to see the old school phillies(maroon and white) again.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

personally i would love to see the old school phillies(maroon and white) again.

It's ironic that you call the Phillies maroon/white combo "old school". What they're wearing now is more "old school". They wore red/white or red/white/blue every year since 1883 (except 1942, which was blue/white) until they moved to Veterans Stadium in the early 1970s and went to the maroon look. When they dumped that in '93 for what they wear now, it was done to be more "old school" - older-style "P", previous colors, previous wordmark.

As for what color combo is missing, whatever happened to royal blue/athletic gold, like the Brewers and Mariners of the '80s?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i agree with VitaminD -- blue and gold is not used near enough in the four majors... only the pacers and brewers use it.. and they mainly use navy not royal.

its a great color combo (my high school colors)that should see more playing time instead of every friggen team on the planet wearing either red and black or navy, red, and silver

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

along with more roayal and yellow, i think yellow with any combo would look fine in MLB. the only teams i think of when i think real yellow in the present day are the A's and the Pirates. something like the vikes or the hornets could work well. the nuggets also have something i would like to see in baseball.

In the MLB, I'd like to see some more red & black. I like the way it looks in the Reds' color scheme, but surprisingly nowhere else in the league. The Astros use it sparingly, if at all.

Throughout the four leagues, I think the rarest color scheme is purple & red. The Raptors have that, but I think they're phasing out much of the purple. I used to think the Cleveland Indians wore purple & red (basing my theory on the 1982 Topps set), but was disappointed to find out it was just navy blue. The Lowell Lock Monsters of the AHL used to feature purple more prominently than they do now as affiliates of the Hurricanes.

Unlike Mr. UniWatch, I don't mind purple. Purple works when with "royal" teams, such as the Sacramento & Los Angeles Kings, Manchester Monarchs, Reading Royals, etc. (KC nonwithstanding).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I personally would love to see less black ala Mets.

Bring in:

Red & Yellow (Chiefs & looked great on China in teh WBC)

Brown & Ornage/Gold (Works for the browns very well and think Brown would tranlate well into Baseball)

Seahawk BLue (could really bring life to a team like the BLueJays instead of black)

Sky Blue (Look at the Titans)

Granted the league is very traditional and most teams will not experiment but a team like the Royals could look better with teh addition of Gold/Yellow. Make them distinct. If you cant win mines well look good and lose.

i don't care what league it is.. i want to see someone in some sport wear brown and gold. i love those colors together.

Honestly, who doesn't like brown??? I think everyone here would love it if the Padres went back to Brown and Orange like the Padres of the late '80s.

*Praying Shark doesn't kill me in my sleep*

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Here's some random musings on my part . . .

I'd love to see the Rockies ditch black and go with a dark purple, grey and white color scheme.

I'd love to see the Marlins return to their inaugural uniform sets but use only the solid teal cap.

I'd love to see the Phillies go back to the maroon color they used in the 70's and 80's, keeping the present day uniforms but using a different number and name font than the clownish one they use now.

I'd love to see the Padres figure out a way to use their early 80's color scheme (chocolate brown, yellow and orange) with their present uniform format. Granted, they'd have to get rid of the waves on the logo for it to make sense.

I'd love to see the Mets ditch black altogether and return to their original royal blue and orange scheme.

I'd love to see the Jays replace black with a darker shade of blue.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Royals return to a powder blue road set.

I miss the days when the White Sox changed up their uniforms and color schemes every 3-4 years.

I think the Angels would look better a navy cap with a red bill.

With Charlie Finley long gone, I wouldn't mind seeing the A's take on a new color scheme - perhaps keeping the green but replacing the yellow with bronze.

Maroon (the nationals should honor the redskins colors)

As opposed to honoring our national colors?

As for me, I would also like to see more maroon, a purple/gold combo and blue/athletic gold (whether royal or navy). I'm not quite ready for a return to brown.

Also, a plea to the Angels -- bring back the navy caps with red brims. I know it is an overused color combo, but that says Angels to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As for what color combo is missing, whatever happened to royal blue/athletic gold, like the Brewers and Mariners of the '80s?

It's a great color combo, and no major league team wears it. Plenty used to, all have gone to other colors.

The Brewers will wear it on Sundays this season, and maybe beyond that as well.

Archived