Memphis Grizzlies Alternate Concept

YELDARBfield

all eyez on me :D

if basketball didn't adhere to tradition so damn much, more people than just me would think this was usable (especially considering what you're stuck with). hell, it's pretty fitting of the alternate idea.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Interesting, to say the least. I kind of like it, actually. It's different, and I doubt it's really 'usable'. It seems like it should say Memphis or Grizzlies on there, but it wouldn't fit in anywhere.

As for programs, you can download a 30-day trial of Illustrator at Adobe.com, or if you have a school ID, you can get Illustrator for around $100at various websites.

It's not the worst NBA jersey I've ever seen, but it's a little too Sonicesque with the front the way it is. And me personally I'm always more for wording on NBA jerseys than just a logo. But that's me. I like using the light blue as the main color, that's a good idea.

i actually like these as an alternate jersey, they are different enough from their template to be exciting and new to me. only things i would change- make it less like the sonics jersey style, and make the entire right side of the jersey the dark blue, instead of stopping it abruptly. looks good already tho.

This is pretty cool. I really like this idea, but like Discrim said, a lot of people would not like it because it's so progressive. And making the right side of the jersey darker is a good idea too.

Alright, same song, second verse. I made the right stripe navy and eliminated the 'MG' logo.

grizzver.jpg

Would it be too radical if the left armband were light blue. Or maybe if I add more gold. And what to do with the little gold triangle on the neckline... IDK, what's your honest opinion?

I am liking these more the more I look at them. Not only is it creative, but it's well-executed (and don't get hung up on your program, because I've seen phenomenal MSPaint creations and crappy Illustrator ones; well done is well done - and this is well done). It's a neat compromise - you don't use the wordmark on ther jersey, but you don't need to since the colors and the eyes make the identity obvious. And you didn't resort to using a cartoonish logo all over the front, like the old Rockets and Raptors.

Moreover, this could spread to other teams. The Bulls and Timberwolves come to mind - the eyes of teams with predatory mascots would all look great and yet be understated by not resorting to using wordmarks.

:notworthy: - and I don't say that often. Bravo...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the second installment is certainly better, and looks great. i am not decided on the lighter blue sleeve trim, but maybe it could work. as for the gold triangle, i think you need something in there, maybe just a G or just an M. not the MG you had before. nice job on these, and i hope the grizz are watching.

Ahhh, thanks guys! I appreciate the good and not so good remarks.

Ok, one more time. I changed the left armband to light blue, put an 'M' on the neckline, and added a light blue pinstripe on the right side (like with the dark blue on the left).

grizzver3.jpg

I'm almost decided that the stripes on this color jersey would look better if they were dark blue w/ light blue and gold pinstripes.

One more "maybe," would the neckline look good in gold or the lightest blue?

Archived