It's Official, Rays considering name change

TBGKon

Devil Rays may play name game

The above is a link to today's St. Petersburg Times speculating about a name change. The page has a poll as to vote about what the Rays should do. Pretty good article if you ask me. Below the poll is a link to the Rays blog and you can even suggest a new team name. Who knows, maybe team officials will see your idea and implement it.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming President Kennedy's been advised of this.

And speaking of the venerable Gray Lady (the NYT), there was an article on the front page of Sunday's business section all about the new ownership group and managing partners for the franchise. A complete rebranding of the franchise is being considered but none of the principals would commit to its certainty.

it says no team has changed names without moving since the colt .45's but doesn't anyone remember the whole California - Anaheim - L.A. of Anaheim Angels mess the past few years

The article also says the Colts/Astros changed to honor the space program. It neglects to mention the impending litigation by a certain malt beverage producer. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Iconic pop culture imagery of my youth:

1) Hulk Hogan bodyslamming Andre the Giant

2) "Sorry Mario, but the princess is in another castle!"

3) Chunk, Sloth, Mikey and Andy, in that order

and, of course

4) Billy Dee Williams for Colt 45: "It Works Everytime"

(I'm really not sure why that sticks out the way it does. I've never once had a sip of Colt 45, nor known someone who has)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

it says no team has changed names without moving since the colt .45's but doesn't anyone remember the whole California - Anaheim - L.A. of Anaheim Angels mess the past few years

I don't think that's quite the same thing.

If nothing else, no team has changed nicknames without moving since the Colt .45s became the Astros.

Below the poll is a link to the Rays blog and you can even suggest a new team name. Who knows, maybe team officials will see your idea and implement it.

Then again, they could be just putting up a smoke-screen and pretending to want input from fans on a name...

...because they wouldn't have picked a new name, logo and uniforms already if they were opening this to the public, would they?

B)

Below the poll is a link to the Rays blog and you can even suggest a new team name.  Who knows, maybe team officials will see your idea and implement it.

Then again, they could be just putting up a smoke-screen and pretending to want input from fans on a name...

...because they wouldn't have picked a new name, logo and uniforms already if they were opening this to the public, would they?

B)

I hate the fact that you have info that you cant tell us. I only wish I could have the same sources.

Below the poll is a link to the Rays blog and you can even suggest a new team name.  Who knows, maybe team officials will see your idea and implement it.

B)

I hate the fact that you have info that you cant tell us. I only wish I could have the same sources.

If only there was a place you could share it where the public couldn't see it!

IF ONLY!

(you're killin us don :) )

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

B)

TAMPA BAY STINGRAYS

It HAS to be.

PANTONE has offered clues such as a picture of a "stinging Ray" Charles and the assurance that the new name will not be "Rays".

Add to that the fact that the team is installing a "Rays Tank", an aquarium filled with live rays, which should be completed in July.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

B)

IF ONLY!

....but where, WHERE, WHERE would such a place exist?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

B)

IF ONLY!

....but where, WHERE, WHERE would such a place exist?

<cough> via PM <cough>

The article also says the Colts/Astros changed to honor the space program. It neglects to mention the impending litigation by a certain malt beverage producer. :P

Strike the words "malt beverage producer" and replace them with "firearms manufacturer," and you've got it correct.

nav-logo.png

Archived