South Alabama Football

sc49erfan15

Been pretty busy lately, so I'm just now getting around to finishing and posting the next concept in the "D-1 Schools Without Football" series, South Alabama.

SouthAlabamaFootball1.png

[edit]

SouthAlabamaFootball2.png

-Not so much in the way of logos for ol' USA. The primary was the only vector I could find, the SA is what the baseball team uses but I didn't like the way it looked on the helmet. I considered going with a script "Jaguars" but kinda played off the red-white-blue "USA" theme and went with a diagonal USA. Kinda generic, but I think it works.

-The uniforms are sort of a cross between the 1980's Patriots and the 1990's Bills. Relatively simple, but that's the way I thought they'd go.

...and now for something that's not part of the "official" concept, but something that I wanted to do anyway. Straight out of Discrim's playbook...

SA1.png

:D

Positive and negative C&C is much appreciated as always, even on that god-awful "second" concept. Go at it. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Very, very nice. I love the simplicity. I almost wanna see the road set have blue pants; there's just too much red to me. Also, I think the "AS" logo might look better on the helmet. "USA" is odd because of it being our country, and the colors are the same. I realize there would'nt be confusion, considering there's no America University(or is there?).

Overall great work. I'm really enjoying these.

Here's a thought for the helmets: why not just slap some numbers on it instead of the USA logo (which is really dragging the concept down)? Or is that too derivative of what Alabama does for your tastes?

Either way, I love the uniform designs, but don't like the helmet design all too much.

QPR%20Sig.png

Very, very nice. I love the simplicity. I almost wanna see the road set have blue pants; there's just too much red to me. Also, I think the "AS" logo might look better on the helmet. "USA" is odd because of it being our country, and the colors are the same. I realize there would'nt be confusion, considering there's no America University(or is there?).

no "America University" but there is an American University...they're in DC IIRC, and they go by, fittingly, Eagles

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

no "America University" but there is an American University...they're in DC IIRC, and they go by, fittingly, Eagles

You are correct, sir. On all counts.

BTW, American does not have a football team. :D It is a member of the Patriot League in all other sports.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost forgot -- overall I like the concept, but I agree with Gordon Shumway that the USA on the helmet could use some work. I would suggest going with the SA secondary (in white on the red shell).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I love the overall look of the jerseys, but the "USA" on the helmets won't fly. I realize the school shares its initials with our country, but "USA" as a helmet logo comes off as overly ambitious or overly egocentric and self-important. Interestingly, I could see the "SA" monogram working. Or what about a jaguar (head or body)?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

and the ironic thing is due to software limitations, I can't do jaguar-spotted numbers in any form :D i can do checkered or pinstriped numbers, but not spotted :rolleyes:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really like these...And I especially like the "unofficial" concept...The only thing I don't particularly care for about it is the numbers...I think they should be a solid color, but I really like the striping...They are pretty simple with a touch of flash...The helmet to go with the uniform is sweet....

As far as the official concept....I like the uniforms a lot....I do, however think the "USA" in the primary logo should go on the helmet...It's more identifiable with the school...Other than that, this is pretty sweet...Simple, yet classy looking...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Alright guys, thanks for the comments. The main gripe with this one seemed to be the helmet, so I went to the SA logo. I was in a bit of a quagmire (giggidy, giggidy) with the helmet, as numbers were reminiscent of Alabama and I thought the SA logo was too close to Auburn. Nevermind that they wouldn't exactly be heated rivals, but I thought they might want an identity all to themselves. But the SA isn't too close, so I went with it.

I considered blue pants as Shum suggested, but they just looked off, so I went with red.

So here it is:

SouthAlabamaFootball2.png

Thanks for the C&C guys!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived