Police car graphics

IronChefShark

for the longest time Ive been interested in the different graphic schemes that the many different law enforcement agencies around here utilize on thier patrol vehicles. Unfortunately in my hometown of Pittsburg we had a couple of officers killed in the line of duty in recent years, and as a result, police officers from all over the state and from even parts of Nevada came here to pay thier respects to thier fallen brothers.

They closed the main street of Pittsburg to accomodate the massive motorcade of law enforcement vehicles, and I was amazed at how different the graphics schemes for each agency were.

Recently I noticed that the Pittsburg PD changed the badge logo on thier patrol vehicles. The Pittsburg PD utilize a basic black and white paint scheme for thier patrol cars.

this is the old

PittPDold.gif

and this is what they are in the process of switching over to

PittPDnew.gif

IMO, major downgrade. Im disappointed to see our city logo dropped from the police badge. It was readily recognizable as a Pittsburg PD vehicle even from a good distance. Now they look no different than other PDs around here

and for comparison sake, here is San Jose PD

badge

sjpd.gif

patrol car (note the tealish-looking blue used)

sjpdV.jpg

and the San Francisco PD patrol car. the badge logo gets a big MEH

sfpdV.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I have a similar interest. I noticed since moving to California that with the exception of Sheriff's Departments the majority of municipal PD's use Black and Whites either with only the front doors white (CHP style) or with both front and back doors being white (SF and LA). Generally the door logo is the shoulder patch. However, I will see if I can dig up a picture of the new graphics for the Elk Grove police saw it on the news the other night and it looked sharp.

In a lot of other locales they use white cars with some form of striping because it is cheaper than buying cars with a specialized paint scheme. This is why NYC went from white over blue to all white.

BTW, the Pittsburg police star on that logo looks similar to the SF star for ranks above police officer.

I have a hunch you'll love this site I just found. It shows all the badges of Canada's cops from every area in every province. http://policecanada.ca/. It also has a WICKED selection of all the vehicals too. The only catch is it appears to be in french...but its still easy to navigate.

This is what we have here in Peterborough (1.5 hours from Toronto)

PeterboroughLakefieldON04_RichardOldfield.jpg

This is what we have in Toronto (where I will be again in less then a week!!!)

MetroTorontoON28_GerardDonnelly.jpg

What sucks is they don't have the pics of the new Dodge Charger cop car we just got in Peterborough...it is an absolute BEAUTY and I'll snag a pic if I ever see it again when I have my camera with me...and we're supposed to be getting some in Toronto.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

These are the police cars from where I lived about 4 months ago. The company I worked for at the time had created these before I worked there. I always thought they looked pretty nice. Unique. This is a jeep, but they also had regular police cars with the same scheme.

vehicle2.jpg

Fargo, West Fargo, and Moorhead all use similar lookin cars, moslty black with the white doors.

fargo105.pngfargo.jpgNorth20Dakota20Fargo20Chief.jpg

exped330.jpg

Fargo mostly uses a lot of the Impalas now, the only good pics i could find were the Crown Victorias. We also have a few Explorers/Expeditions and Moorhead I think has some pick up trucks.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Cleveland SWAT Unit owns one of these (top) in black, and I think the new logo I helped them create (bottom) will eventually end up on the vehicle.

Dragoon_Security_Vehicle_United_States_01.jpg

swat2.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Europe is in a higher league, aesthetically, than the United States, so it's only natural that their police flagships are sexier and better designed than ours. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just a little side story for anyone who is interested...

I recently talked to my cousin, who is a Phoenix Police officer, and he told me that almost every major city in the US and Canada is going through a big change in their police vehicles. This is mainly due to the fact that Ford has discontinued the production of the Crown Victoria. The police forces here in Arizona are testing out 4 different possible police cruisers including the Chevy Impala, the Chevy Trailblazer, the Dodge Magnum and the Dodge Charger. The over all feeling within the force is to go to either of the Dodges. The Chevy Impala has not been received well because it is simply too small and the Chevy Trailblazer will more then likely get the boot (except for limited use) because it has not performed well on the pursuit tests due to its lack of speed and its handling.

The Motorcycle police here in AZ are also going through a big change. Kawasaki has ended its contract with the Arizona police and they are now slowly replacing their current bikes with these

az180a.jpg

I also found a really good site for anyone who wants to view the different emergency vehicles from around the country. Here is the link for anyone who wants it :

http://policecarsite.atspace.com/main.html

I am sure no one really cares about this, but I am bored and thought I would share :P

PopHeading-1.gif

No, they're not illegal to own here, just to sell here. You can get them imported, but the emissions need to be modified to meet our clean air laws.

The cars that patrol the dirty dirty 'shwa look like....

DURHAMREGIONALON55_TREVORRAJKUMAR.jpg

Oddly enough it appears this photo was taken by a friend of mine in high school... we referred to him as "Bus Boy" because he would go around taking pictures of buses all the time (and apparently police cars too), gave me his entire sports card collection, nice guy :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived