Loyola Marymount Football

sc49erfan15

Next in the series: Loyola Marymount.

LoyolaMarymountFootball1.png

-The first thing I'd like to say is that I'm a huge fan of these logos, especially the leaping lion (so much so that I put it on the helmet.) I don't know who did them, but wow. Usually, I have a problem in there not being enough available logos for a school...with this one, there were almost too many.

-Numbers are an edited version of the Pittsburgh Pirates font, intended to match the wordmark. Actually been doing that a lot lately, but I think it works best.

-The piping is the last thing I did, there wasn't really room for any stripes, but it needed something to make it "pop"...so piping is what it got.

As always C&C appreciated and encouraged...thanks!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Yep, we certainly do have quite the identity package.

Now, looking at this from a student going into his 4th year at this fine institution, and a dedicated employee of the Athletic Department, here's what I can tell you about this...

The numbers are absolutely perfect. I have no complaints at all about the away uniform. That one's perfect as-is. Only thing there is that college ball doesn't have socks, so that navy wouldn't be there.

The helmet I think would be better if they facemask and shell colors were switched. Per my boss, the marketing director, we're in the process of emphasizing the crimson over the navy in our identity packages, which can be seen with the men's bball crimson away uniforms and the new gym court that's being installed, which is going to have more crimson in it.

I'd go with the alternate home for the home set, as the unwritten helmet matching the pants rule would be honored if the helmet colors were switched.

The current home set would be great for an alternate, but I'm not sold on the alternate away, because the navy really seems to overpower it.

And, from what I can see, the lion head sleeve logos look like they might look better if flipped 180 degrees horizontally.

And, if you were looking for an idea for the stripes, you might consider borrowing the striping that we use for basketball, which can be found here:

463292.jpeg

(It repeats on the bottom pointing up)

Also, just for reference, we're an adidas school, if you wanted to throw a logo on there.

But, all in all, these are beauties. You've done me proud. ^_^

VmWIn6B.png

I was wondering what program you use to create your concepts?

About the uniforms, the only thing I would maybe try is more blue on the white and red jerseys. Maybe make the sleeves blue.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I really like these jerseys. The helmet is nice. The only thing I don't like is the lack of blue on the red jersey. I like LMU's idea for the stripes too, you should try that.

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The only thing I don't like is the lack of blue on the red jersey.

That's the point. The athletic department is mandating that crimson be the primary color, with blue as a trim color. Hence, the jerseys themselves are exactly the color balance that they would choose if we somehow got a football team.

VmWIn6B.png

The only thing I don't like is the lack of blue on the red jersey.

That's the point. The athletic department is mandating that crimson be the primary color, with blue as a trim color. Hence, the jerseys themselves are exactly the color balance that they would choose if we somehow got a football team.

oh, ok I did not know that. My bad, ok then the look good. Personally blue would still look good but oh well.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Alright, now that there's actually some comments to reply to: :D

LMU: I was hoping you'd comment on this. I'm glad you like them, and I utilized most of your feedback. Thanks!

Pistons: I use Adobe Illustrator. Thanks!

BigShoop: ...I'll take that as a compliment?

Dom and Drew, thanks for your comments as well.

And here's the updated version of the concept:

LoyolaMarymountFootball2.png

-Switched the helmet and facemask colors, but kept the jersey colors the same. I think they look fine, without the "helmet/pants" rule. Alternate away is also more of a throw-in option, combining the away jersey with home pants, so I left it as-is.

-Tried to replicate the basketball striping, but I really couldn't tell exactly how it went, so it's more of an approximation than anything. And I flipped the lions 180 degrees.

Overall, I really like the way this one turned out. Thanks to everyone, and C&C is still very much welcomed, and encouraged.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived