ACC Helmets + alt's

axl007

Pretty interesting set of iterations. Some thoughts:

VT should stick with what they have. I don't think the orange or white work.

I really like the white Carolina helmet.

I think the Navy works best for UVA, but there's something about that white one that works well. Kind of a mix between the current identity, and those old plain white UVA helmets from my childhood.

The gold Wake helmet is nice.

I'm surprised by this, but I really like the orange Miami helmet. Never would happen, of course.

The blue duke helmet is PERFECT. Exactly the appropriate treatment of black.

Love the black Maryland helmet. It would go better with their current scheme than the white one.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

if you had told me that i'd like the way a green miami helmet, a black duke helmet and a purple clemson helmet looked before seeing these, i would have said you were crazy...i don't like any of these better than what they have now, but the don't make me want to vomit...in fact, they look pretty good

your helmets never cease to amaze, axl

jldesigns404eo.png

That's pretty interesting. You should do that for some other conferences when you have time (SEC B))

I think these could work:

White Florida State

Red NC State

ALL Virginia

Black Maryland

ALL Duke

ALL Wake Forest

White North Carolina

Orange VTech (with alt Orange jersey)

Just what I was waiting for...my beloved 'Noles!!! (How much did it REALLY pain you, axl, to do concepts for your most hated archrival in the whole wide world??? :D)

I aint too sold on the garnet one, and the gold one is an all-time classic. But that white one...WOW. On the days the 'Noles go white-on-white, that helmete would be PERFECT--like during the opening game between FSU & UNC back in '03 a.k.a. "the Greg Jones Hit game" (and anyone who either saw that game or highlights of it KNOWS what I'm talking about--just go ask Dexter Reid).

Speaking of UNC, that white shell looks pretty darn good, too. But I to this day have yet to see a navy UNC alt of ANY KIND (unless I wasn't looking hard enough), but even without one, the navy dome still looks good. Hell ALL OF THEM--well, most all of them--look good. As was mentioned by someone previous, the black UM shell would be great with the Terps' black tops. (Back in the days of LaMont Jordan, didn't UM actually HAVE black shells?)

I ain't liking the black NC State one, but that white UVA dome has some real "classic" potential. Maybe they should try that one game as a specialty to gauge fan interest.

Oh...and the orange VaTech shell loks REAL GOOD.

Keep up the good work, axl!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On the days the 'Noles go white-on-white, that helmete would be PERFECT--like during the opening game between FSU & UNC back in '03 a.k.a. "the Greg Jones Hit game" (and anyone who either saw that game or highlights of it KNOWS what I'm talking about--just go ask Dexter Reid).

Quiet, you... :hockeysmiley: (still recovering from watching that "tackle")

Speaking of UNC, that white shell looks pretty darn good, too.

UNC wore a white shell for a while back through the early 1970s IIRC. It looks OK, but it's Carolina blue or it's not a UNC helmet. (Special exemptions for projects like this - which, by the way, is phenomenal - great work Axl, absolutely no suggestions.)

As was mentioned by someone previous, the black UM shell would be great with the Terps' black tops.  (Back in the days of LaMont Jordan, didn't UM actually HAVE black shells?)

Yes - UM had a black shell - with the red "M" monogram that had the flag banner draped off of it (IIRC they also had a plain red "M" monogram).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They are all beautiful.

Please keep this up for all major conferences.

The ultimate judgement on a helmet is if it works better than the current helmet.

In this case, the blue Duke helmet is better.

The red Maryland and white Virginia are also better than current.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Interesting to look at these. That said, I like the current helmets the best for every team except Wake Forest (the gold is great) and possibly Duke (blue) or UNC (white).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Yes - UM had a black shell - with the red "M" monogram that had the flag banner draped off of it (IIRC they also had a plain red "M" monogram).

You do recall correctly. The plain red M came immediately before the M with the state flag banner.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I aint too sold on the garnet one, and the gold one is an all-time classic. But that white one...WOW. On the days the 'Noles go white-on-white, that helmete would be PERFECT--like during the opening game between FSU & UNC back in '03 a.k.a. "the Greg Jones Hit game" (and anyone who either saw that game or highlights of it KNOWS what I'm talking about--just go ask Dexter Reid).

You mean this one?

xanimate69zf.gif:D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I'm loving al of these, especially UV, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Miami. Keep the conferences coming!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived