Pepperdine Football

sc49erfan15

After my last few designs concentrated on the Big East, I decided to go Left Coast with this one, the Pepperdine Waves:

PepperdineFootball1.png

-Another team with a solid identity. The colors (well, at least the orange) is unique and "Waves" is a little different, as well.

-Two helmets. Orange/orange didn't look right, so I decided to go with two. Plus, I don't think the cost element is as much of a factor at Pepperdine versus other schools. ^_^

-I kept the "wave" logo blue...because waves are kinda blue. :P

I'll put down the mic now...hopefully someone else will pick it up? C&C appreciated and encouraged, as always.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Let me get this out of my system first...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, here's what I observe:

1-the blue that they use is closer to navy

2-the helmets seem to be lacking something... maybe add orange trim to the logo and somehow incorporate a wordmark into that logo

3-the thick sleeve striping doesn't seem to go with the thinner lines of the logo package.

4-try to maybe use a number font similar to the basketball team. This font seems a little too bland. Here's some examples:

94_Twofrenchmenpepp.JPG

94_ronnytjpepp.JPG

Other than that, not bad.

VmWIn6B.png

Maybe it's just me but I think if you made that wave bigger and have it be more dominant a la Michigan Panthers I think it might look better. Don't get me wrong, it's all very good as is but it might be worth a shot.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Back, with some revisions:

PepperdineFootball2.png

-I darkened the navy, took the stripes away and replaced them with the wave logo. The wave logo on the helmet, sleeves, and pants was kinda redundant, so I took it off the pants, leaving only the stripes.

-About the font, something similar to the basketball font is what I was going for. If someone knows the name of it, let me know and I'll change it as well.

OB, I did try the oversized wave treatment, and I really couldn't find a way for it to work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

OB, I did try the oversized wave treatment, and I really couldn't find a way for it to work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Yeah, I figured it probably wasn't going to be easy to pull off and it isn't a major deal the helmet still looks good as is and even better with the new revisions. The only thing I would change would be to change the waves on the blue alt to orange to make them stand out more.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived