rmackman

From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

5815636_36_2.jpg

¡Hola, Chorizo!

Brewers look south of the border for new racing sausage

By DON WALKER

dwalker@journalsentinel.com

Posted: July 25, 2006

Hey, Hot Dog, Bratwurst, Italian and Polish sausages, guess who's coming to dinner at Miller Park? Meet the Chorizo, a zesty Mexican sausage.

On Thursday, the Milwaukee Brewers and Klement's Sausage Co. are expected to introduce the Chorizo as the newest member of the Famous Racing Sausages, according to a source with knowledge of the promotion.

The sausages, which emerged sometime in the early 1990s at old County Stadium in virtual scoreboard races, have attracted national attention and are a huge fan favorite at Miller Park.

During the 2000 season, the last at County Stadium, the sausages went from virtual to live and began to race around the stadium.

Team officials and Klement's executives were not hungry for publicity Tuesday and remained tight-lipped about the announcement, saying more would be released at the Thursday news conference at Miller Park.

"Don't bank on anything until you see it live," said Dan Lipke, Klement's senior vice president of sales and marketing. "There are a lot of ways we can go with this."

Asked if the Chorizo would be the newest Racing Sausage, Lipke said, "I'm not laying claim that's what you will find."

The newest sausage mascot is expected to be adorned with a mustache and a sombrero and will sport the traditional colors of green, white and red.

At the game Saturday between the Brewers and the Cincinnati Reds, the Brewers will celebrate the first Cerveceros Day as a tribute to Hispanic baseball. Players will wear uniforms with the word Cerveceros, or Brewers, on their jerseys.

No. 1, Bratwurst

Outfit: Green Austro-Bavarian lederhosen

No. 2, Polish Sausage

Outfit: Dark shades and a blue and red rugby shirt.

#3, Italian Sausage

Outfit: Chef's outfit

#4, Hotdog

Outfit: Baseball uniform.

#5, Chorizo, Mexican sausage

Outfit: ?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well I guess he will be an undocumented sausage

That sounds dirty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's curious. "Chorizo" is a Castillian word of Argentinean/Uruguayan (not Mexican) origin.

If you know some Castillian, let's go to this link of the Royal Spanish Academy and you'll find that there is not any "Mex" (Mexico) among all the meanings.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

If they add swimming to the race the chorizo should win all the time :)

Seriously, there's a growing Wisconsin Hispanic population and sponsor Klement's Sausage is trying to tap that market.

Hmmmm...do you think we can get Lou Dobbs to wear the costume?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Chorizo2.jpg

Separated at birth?

CWS_guillen_61871.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I was kinda hoping for a 7-Eleven Cheeseburger Big Bite myself.

Disturbing? Yes.

Delicious? No.

Entertaining? Hell yeah.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived