Anniversary Logos

nd1irish

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand the Pacer, Nuggets and Sonics

But what the hell are the Cavs celebrating a 31-51 season in 1986/87?  :wacko:

To celebrate the start of the Lenny Wilkens era....

...I guess... :wacko:

The Supersonics' logo is great; I like the way the used skyline on the ball like their longest used logo had.

Save the slugalo.

Isn't it also the Nets 30th and the Knicks 60th?

Knicks 61st

Nets 40th

Rockets 40th

Spurs 40th

"Detroit Pistons" 50th

"New Orleans Hornets" 5th

"Washington Wizards" 10th

Warriors 45 years in California

Save the slugalo.

Nets - Is that ABA and NBA years combined? I just meant NBA years.

It's from the start of the franchise; they started as the New Jersey Americans in the ABA. If you're going to go by when they joined the NBA, you'd have to use the New York Nets, who joined the NBA a season prior to moving back to New Jersey.

The Pacers and Nuggets are celebrating since they were formed in the ABA.

Next season should have some more interesting anniversary logos. The Pistons, Lakers, Heat, Bucks, Hornets, Suns, and Kings will be celebrating some decade.

Save the slugalo.

Wait... the Cavs have been around since the mid-70's... I really don't understand that logo. That's MORE stupid than the Browns' "60 years in Cleveland" logo...

What's with Cleveland and not knowing when to use anniversary logos?

The Sonics one is awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Those are all pretty sharp logos, especially Sonics and Pacers. Although I think there's way too many anniversary logos, most of which use the term "anniversary" incorrectly. I guess 40 years is worthy though. Yeah, no idea what the Cavs one is about.

I'm always amused when teams have anniversary logos of like "10th year since X championship!" I mean seriously, do you need to remind everyone how many years its been since you were relevant in your sport?

I'm always amused when teams have anniversary logos of like "10th year since X championship!" I mean seriously, do you need to remind everyone how many years its been since you were relevant in your sport?

The Chicago White Sox haven't had a chance to do this, really, but you just KNOW they're gonna.

By the way, the Seattle skyline would be a great addition to the current Supersonics logo. Isn't it weird how anniversary logos could often make good primaries with some tweaks?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Everton released one a few years ago to celebrate being the first club to spend 100 years in the top flight of english football. It features Dixie Dean who is evertons record scorer and also scored 66 goals in 1 season.

100Years.JPG

Also this one to celebrate 125 years.

1060471540.jpg

logo.png

By the way, the Seattle skyline would be a great addition to the current Supersonics logo. Isn't it weird how anniversary logos could often make good primaries with some tweaks?

Like this?

Sonics.jpg

Save the slugalo.

Is that a "CAVS logo" that will appear on their website and around the arena?

OR

Is it an NBA mandated patch that will appear only on the Hardwood Classics stuff?

I think maybe this logo has been misidentified as an official logo / crest, when in fact it won't be used all that much.

fade.gif

Archived