...and next, the Tennessee Titans

tBBP

Welcome to the second installment of my newest project. This time around it's the Tennessee Titans who are the recipient of a refreshing. And that's just what it is--a refreshing, a bit of tweaking--but nothing major. I like the Titans' look as is, so I just tweaked a few things.

Before I continue, here's the re-do concept I did for the Cleveland Browns.

The major difference in this concept set and the Titans' current set is the incorporation of RED. No--it doesn't predominate, but I think I managed to work it in just enough to be noticed as a secondary trim color. That, to me, brings the whole set in balance with the Titans' logo package.

Also, to satisfy my own curiosity and also to please all who like it, one away set DOES INCLUDE the (insert whatever shade you wanna call it) blue pants. The primary aways are the all-whites, because to me, that's the best Titans "away" look (though we all know, in this day and age of the NFL, the whites can just as well be home sets, as well). The secondary roadies are what they have now, with the navy pants. And as much as I may oppose the leotard look in this concept, I left it as is, because doing white socks with stripes wouldn't really match the rest of the uniform. And speaking of stripes, that's really the only other change I made to this set--that would be the striping on the pants. The traditional triple stripe the Titans use now, to me, sorta looks out of place, what with the pointed helmet stripes and all, so I used the helmet stripes on the pants--navy on the white pants, white on the colored pants. (I thought about doing navy stripes on the [insert whatever shade you wanna call it] blue pants, but just for uniformity purposes, i left it at white.) The tertiary logo in this set is ripped from the secondary, and that is also found on the pants at both hips--I just thought that would add a nice touch. And yes--the third/alt is (insert whatever shade you wanna call it) blue, just as is now.

Oh--and as to why I only have one home set, well--the all-navy look was tried by the team and, in my opinion, looked atrocious; navy shirt/(insert whatever shade you wanna call it) blue pants with white shell--"blah"...it just doesn't look right or balance out. So the one home set is what I was left with. (Besides, fans who want to see the (insert whatever shade you wanna call it) pants worn at home I'm sure wouldn't mind seeing the white tops with it either...)

To recap, no drastic changes to one of the better and more unique looks in the NFL. Just my own little tweaking and refreshening...and wa-la...Titans concept.

So...here it is, the second installment of my re-do project...the Tennessee Titans!

C&C as always welcome and encouraged...

TENtitans.png

And just remember, as always...this concept and all my ideas are...

...Just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think this would be great for the titans. I like how you put red in there, not too much. I like the 3rd logo. Love all the jerseys. I think Lt.B on Blue, Blue on Lt.B, Blue on Blue and maybe even Lt.B on Lt.B would all look great. Good job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i just dont like how the blue and red so close together outlining the numbers makes a purple color.

agreed. It looks too purpleish. I kinda like what they have now, and they use the red very minimal.

I third that. But I think that's the only fault that I can find with the jerseys. All of the combinations together look nice, so I will give you that much. Solid work.

Very nice. I like how you always thoroughly explain all your concepts.

This is a much better set than their current outfits. The only thing I would like to see is a light blue top with white pants, like the old Oilers. Those things were sick.

LathonOil.JPG

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

About the only thing I don't like about these uniforms is the addition of red trim to the numbers. It makes either the numbers themselves (away jersey) or the blue trim (home jersey) appear purple to me for some reason. I do, however, like the addition of tapered stripes to the pants on all uniforms and the resurrection of the light blue pants. Just because I don't want to see light blue on the Chargers doesn't mean I don't like the color. In fact, I've always liked it better on the old Oilers uniform because the red pops against it so much more than the yellow used by San Diego.

Great work so far, Bucco ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

Ok, here's the two corroded, bearded, assassinated presidents of a person actually from Tennessee:

+ Incorporation of red!

- Fix above. The red make things look purple (as everyone else has said). Try a Red/jersey color/number striping scheme and see what you get.

+ Oiler blue pants!

+ Great job correlating the pants' stripes with the helmet's!

- Try making the stripes on the Oiler blue pants Navy. The white ones seem too bright for them.

- Helmet is still an odd-ball. I always thought the white helmet looked goofy with two jerseys with Oiler blue shoulders. Try a navy skull bucket with Oiler blue stripes. This may also fix the mix-n-match nature of the Home Navy/Oiler blue pant combo.

+ Nice incoporation of the Tri-star onto the pants, but...

---FIX THE FRICKIN' STARS!!!---

This makes me sick everytime I see the Titans' 2nd logo and any time anyone does a Titans concept. The stars are supposed to be in a 'V' pattern, like that on the TN state flag. I never understood why whoever designed the Titans' set put them upside-down on the 2nd logo. I can understand why they are in an 'A' pattern on the Primary logo, due to the nature of the 'T,' but I cannot for the life of me figure out why they haven't fixed it yet!!!

[/rant]

Anyway, great job! And I loved your Browns set!

Ok, here's the two corroded, bearded, assassinated presidents of a person actually from Tennessee:

+ Incorporation of red!

- Fix above. The red make things look purple (as everyone else has said). Try a Red/jersey color/number striping scheme and see what you get.

+ Oiler blue pants!

+ Great job correlating the pants' stripes with the helmet's!

- Try making the stripes on the Oiler blue pants Navy. The white ones seem too bright for them.

- Helmet is still an odd-ball. I always thought the white helmet looked goofy with two jerseys with Oiler blue shoulders. Try a navy skull bucket with Oiler blue stripes. This may also fix the mix-n-match nature of the Home Navy/Oiler blue pant combo.

+ Nice incoporation of the Tri-star onto the pants, but...

---FIX THE FRICKIN' STARS!!!---

This makes me sick everytime I see the Titans' 2nd logo and any time anyone does a Titans concept. The stars are supposed to be in a 'V' pattern, like that on the TN state flag. I never understood why whoever designed the Titans' set put them upside-down on the 2nd logo. I can understand why they are in an 'A' pattern on the Primary logo, due to the nature of the 'T,' but I cannot for the life of me figure out why they haven't fixed it yet!!!

[/rant]

Anyway, great job! And I loved your Browns set!

Thanks for the detailed analysis (anf to everyone else as well).

Never knew that about the stars and the flag. I shall fix that.

And the more and more I look at the numerals, in theory it was a good idea, and it looked good at first, but now, the more and more I look at it, I see purple myself. I shall fix that.

Never thought of doing a navy shell. I'll play with that idea and see how it looks, although I like the white shell as is.

So, let me get back to the board and re-tweak this little project of mine and see what I can come up with...results to come...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For reference:

An oblong flag or banner in length one and two thirds times its width, the large or principal

field of same to be of color red, but said flag or banner ending at its free or outer end in a

perpendicular bar of blue, of uniform width, running from side to side?that is to say from top

to bottom of said flag or banner?and separated from the red field by a narrow margin or

stripe of white of uniform width; the width of the white stripe to be one fifth that of the blue

bar, and the total width of the bar and stripe together to be equal to one-eighth of the width of

the flag. In the center of the red field shall be a smaller circular field of blue, separated from

the surrounding red field shall be a smaller circular field of blue, separated from the surrounding

red field by a circular margin or stripe of white of uniform width and of the same width as

the straight margin or stripe first mentioned. The breadth or diameter of the circular blue

field, exclusive of the white margin, shall be equal to one-half of the width of the flag.

Inside the circular blue field shall be three five-pointed stars of white distributed at equal

intervals around a point, the center of the blue field, and of such size and arrangement that

one point of each star shall approach as closely as practicable without actually touching one

point of each of the other two around the center point of the field; and the two outer points of

each star shall approach as nearly as practicable without actually touching the periphery of

the blue field. The arrangement of the three stars shall be such that the centers of no two stars

shall be in a line parallel to either the side or end of the flag, but intermediate between same;

and the highest star shall be the one nearest the upper confined corner of the flag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived