New Ole Miss away football jerseys

doafhat

While watching Ole Miss at Missouri earlier today, I noticed that the Rebels had different road jerseys than what they've worn in the past few years. The numbers are now red with no outline (used to be blue with a red outline), and the blue & red shoulder stripes have been changed to red & white. Also, I noticed that some players wore the same number style that Ole Miss wore last year, while others wore more generic block numbers.

238720797_553546410e_o.jpg

238720800_633b526fe9_o.jpg

238720799_3c5af2c725_o.jpg

Previous uniforms:

238730110_f6ec5c88da_o.jpg

guess now that elis on the giants there trying to make the away jerseys look like the giants also. just white and red

That was the first thing I noticed, too. I like the look though. The cleaner the football jersey, the better. (Not that the Eli-era jerseys were bad or anything)

Pretty much a waste of money, but no harm done.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I gotta say that I like the Eli-era road jersey better just because the shoulder stripes match the pants stripes. If they removed the blue stripes from the pants, then they would be consistant. I like the red numbers vs. the blue numbers, but it seems wrong for ole Miss to be removing blue from their unis.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

guess now that elis on the giants there trying to make the away jerseys look like the giants also. just white and red

Actually, the red numbers were there for a long time before they temporarily got rid of shoulder stripes in the 1990s and switched to blue numbers around the same time. Ole Miss had red numbers when Archie Manning was the QB in the late 60s and early 70s. So it probably doesn't have anything to do with Eli going to the Giants. It's more a case of Ed Orgeron trying to go more traditional with Ole Miss' look.

I was at the game, six rows behind the Rebel bench, and noticed the number discrepancy right away. From what I could tell the backs and receivers had the narrower numbers while a few of the linemen and LB's were wearing the fatter numbers. I have no idea why this discrepancy existed. I also noticed that the pants were a really odd color - while they certainly look gray on the photos posted here, they looked almost like a pale champagne color (think 1983 Michigan Panthers) in person. Also, neither team's jerseys had TV numbers - something you don't see that frequently.

I think the jersey itself looks pretty good. But similar to the Giants, a blue helmet with no blue on the jersey looks sort of weird.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I like the way the jersey looks with the True Block numbers than with the Standard Block numbers.

Also, Nike is pretty bad about inconsistencies. For example, Miami OH had jerseys that had the True Block on the front and back, but had Standard Block on the shoulders. And on FIU's jerseys, they had the number too low on many of the jerseys. Coincedentally, FIU has since switched to Adidas.

Archived