Football Template Series (1920's & 1930's)

Nick 1733

Okay, I'm part of the 'team' that's putting together the new NFL Uniforms site, I'm doing the templates and renderings of the uniforms.

Here's my 1920's/30's template, it's not quite done yet, still have to do the leather helmet and the shoes, but let me know what you guys think.

1920-Uniform-01.jpg

Now it seems like you're doing alot of work if you're in a team.

Well, as far as I know, at the moment anyway, the 'team' is like this...

There's two people doing research and providing important information with their connections, one of those two is the person hosting the new site. Now, I'm the one that's doing the templates and rendering of the uniforms, along with some of my own research.

Now to many people this may seem like a lot, but I've loved football and the NFL since I can remember, I have so much information and interest it's unbelievable. Remember, I did the NFL Font sheets, with a LOT of help from JP, but anything to do with the NFL that I can be involved in, I will definately throw my hat into the ring.

Well so far I had to make a few modifications. I had to shorten the sleeves, move the pants up higher, so everything was in proportion.

Here's one with some 'vintage' color so it looks better than just plain white.

1920-Uniform-02.jpg

Nice job on Illustrator. I need to learn how to use it.

JR5

NikeTalk.gif

Unfortunately, right now, I can't do anymore work with the new templates. I'm having problems with my 2nd hard drive and that's where all the data is stored, so all I can do at the moment is work with what I have. I can't finish this one yet, but I can start working on the rest of them.

Thats really beautiful work Nick

In respect of a helmet - and speaking personally - I am not sure that you need to necessarily include one as the majority of the pics I can find from the 20's/30's (Jim Thorpe/George Halas etc) show the one colour leather helmet being used.

Can't wait for the template to be availbe in .ai so I can play around with it!

(Random thought now..unless the template was updated to show a player wearing the uniform and could be holding the helmet something like this: )

On a template as realistic as this, the shadows and wrinkles make or break the whole thing, depending on how believable and true to form they are. These shadows and wrinkles, unfortunately, are breaking this template.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On a template as realistic as this, the shadows and wrinkles make or break the whole thing, depending on how believable and true to form they are. These shadows and wrinkles, unfortunately, are breaking this template.

Well, I used a photo of Jim Thorpe from 1923 (I believe) for this template, along with the shadows.

Archived