Jets uniform concept

-(dp)-

OK, here I tried to use the design they have now and modernize it. I don't like what they use, I think mainly because of the way the jerseys are cut now. I made the primary logo be the NY in the oval, which they don't use much. I also used their old wordmark with the plane over the letters. The main change was probably bringing back the black. I used a different font for the numbers, and switched to a green helmet. Please tell me what you think.

jetsuniconcept.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

OK, here I tried to use the design they have now and modernize it. I don't like what they use, I think mainly because of the way the jerseys are cut now. I made the primary logo be the NY in the oval, which they don't use much. I also used their old wordmark with the plane over the letters. The main change was probably bringing back the black. I used a different font for the numbers, and switched to a green helmet. Please tell me what you think.

jetsuniconcept.png

Now THIS I like.

I've spent the better part of a week pining over how in the world to re-do the Jets look. As is now, the Jets' sets are classic/plain (emphasis towards the latter), and those are the hardest to conjure up concepts for. For starters, I always have liked the Keyshawn-era "Jets" wordmark, and putting just the NY inside the oval on the helmet was a classic move. (Plus, I like green.) However, I wonder if there's some kinda way you might could render the "NY" in the same style as the wordmark, just to match the two. The other thing is, and this is in agreeance with a lot of other posters on this concept, but the numeral font just doesn't seem to work with this look.

This also is a great example of how black can be used to create "pop" without going overboard. My only question with that though is in the black socks with the road set (at least I presume the white top/green pants is the road look; you see how the NFL has been rather abusing the "white at home thing"). I can about bet you made them black to avoid the leotard look; but how about white socks with green striping? Just a thought...(the Patriots' two sock styles don't match either, so it wouldn't be entirely unheard of to have different sock styles...)

But...overall, GREAT idea and nice work. Looking at this reminds me of how much I like green.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

this is a very very good concept... so i'd hate for my few ideas to sound like i'm disrespecting your vision :)

but i think a few more tweaks would really clean it up even more, and tie it more into the jets traditions.

1) i'd switch the helmet logo and the wordmark... Jets on the helmet, like it used to be, and put the NY logo on the breast area, like the uniforms they currently have...

2) no black socks with green pants... go ahead and make it a white sock, with the same striping as the white pants, horizontally.

3) block numbers, with a black outline... i think modern fonts are overdone in sports, anyway... you can't go wrong with a nice block font.

i love where you're going with this... you look the traditional jets design, but brought it up to date... if you made the 3 tweaks above, i'd be in love with it... and i'm one of the few on here who actually think the jets look damn nice as it is.

Very nice. Only comments I would make are:

A) Not digging the black socks. I'd go white with green striping, perhaps outline the green stripe in black. Also, dont be afraid to add striping to the green sox either.

B) I'd like to see the the jersey and pants combos mixed up a little here. There is enough green in the road jersey that it could still look good with white pants, and I'm not sure this combo couldnt work as a green on green monocrhome either.

Exellent work!

Archived