FSU black jersey

tron1013

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIKE: Let's make a way to get our name out there more. We'll do the unneeded black that's so popular to a popular team who doesn't really use it and then we'll just put it to a cause so nobody thinks it's for anything but a good cause. OK, great! I think it'll go over better than the one sleeve deal to sell undershirts.

KISSwall09.jpg

Exactly what I saw in my head in this thread here (I'm the third one down)...

...of course, seeing it now, UN-IN-SPIRED. Could Nike not have done more besides copying Oregon's idea of writing on the legs? I mean, the numbers are still screened--how about tackle-twill? These could have looked so much better than this photoshopped image, but once again, Nike fails us. At least black is a color prominently used by the Tribe, so it's not ENTIRELY out of place. I do think that Nike really reacjed for a reason to do basically an all-black version of an alt unitorm for this school, then threw all the other PR hoopla on top of it to justify their reason. Good idea in theory; D- on the execution of it, though.

Just my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Could Nike not have done more besides copying Oregon's idea of writing on the legs?

Well, since Nike came up with the writing on the legs for Oregon, I don't know if it can count as "copying". They're simply using what they think works. (To many people on this boards' displeasure).

Here's an update on the photo on there, it's gonna be a true black and not the greenish that you see:

"UPDATE: The digital photo released by the FSU Sports Information Office (shown above) is a digital representation of the jersey prepared by Nike. According to the Sports Information Office, the jerseys themselves are a true black background, not a lighter shade as the image may represent at certain resolutions."

Could Nike not have done more besides copying Oregon's idea of writing on the legs?

Well, since Nike came up with the writing on the legs for Oregon, I don't know if it can count as "copying". They're simply using what they think works. (To many people on this boards' displeasure).

Oh--well, yeah that's what I meant. Using their idea for Oregon and drafting it onto FSU's uniforms.

Somehow I'm getting a sinking feeling this will be Nike's next hot-button element to start adding to uniforms--writing on the legs. Oregon started it; this "limited edition" FSU uniform features it (and why in the WORLD can't FSU get some sewn-on numbers already???), and if memory serves me right, Arizona's uniforms have the script wordmark on the back of their jerseys.

Only a matter of time before Clemson gets some words on their sets...or Miami (surprised that hasn't happened yet)...

hey lookie lookie...I'm now up to Post 400!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Damn, those are pretty hideous.

Garnet numbers on a black jersey? Brace yourself for the storm of "you can't read those numbers" comments on the boards...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

407042.jpg

I like the backstory, but these are ugly.

I'm gonna be on the small bandwagon as usual and say I love em. Because I do. At first I thought that they were just going to have all black jerseys just for the heck of it, then I figured out the backstory, and then the writing on the legs just makes it better to me because it's symbolic, which automatically makes it better than Oregon's sad, sad attempt at it.

With that being said, the only quirk I have is the garnet numbers. They should've went with gold with a garnet outline. But other than that, it's fantastic. At least to me.

Archived