Time to fly back east...J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS!

tBBP

SO...here we are again, back to the NFL Re-do Concept Series. As always, a quick rundown of completed concepts:

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks

Seattle Seahawks SHOCKERS!

And now, on to the Meadowlands of East Rutherford, where we find the green team of New York, the J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS JETS JETS!!!!

Before I continue, I must get this out there now: I was going to hold off on posting this after seeing the Jets concept by PISTONSthenextDYNASTY, because his and mine are actually quite similar--in a way. BUT, since it is done and it was due to be next, and there are ENOUGH differences between the two, I'll go ahead and put it up.

Okay--the Jets. Simple colors--green, white, and black. Look good on a football field, too. WAIT--did I just say BLACK? OH NO...NOT BLACK! Yes, there's some black--but ONLY AS A TRIM. Sorta like the Kotite-era Jets did. As a matter of fact, I also used that era's wordmark for this--only a cleaned-up version (read:all letters are now even width, as opposed to protruding parts of certain letters in the old guise.) The uniform itself is pretty similar to the current Jets set; the only difference, again, is the use of black trim and a more vivid shade of green. One difference one will notice IMMEDIATELY though (especially since I'm pointing it out) is the numbers. I took a serious gamble on this one, as I know this might ery well get shot down just as soon as I put it up--but what the hell...it's MY concept, so whatevah!!! :evil: I rendered the numbers in a font style similar to the wordmark (go ahead and cringe in fear if you want...), just to kinda match the package. That line of reasoning also explains the logo--and idea that apparenly Mr. PISTONS and myself shared. Only difference here is that I rendered the NY--again--in the same font style as the JETS wordmark. I wanted to go with a regular-style upperase "Y", but after rendering it, it looked butt-nasty, so I instead went with the uppercase "Y" that looks more like a normal lowercase "Y" (at the risk of it looking too similar to their NJ Meadowland brethren). The primary home set is green top/white pants and the primary road set is all-white for this one--both with green socks and white shoes (only because I figured they'd look better with this set). Also, on that road set, the black/green/black pants stripe also continues up the side panel of the jersey (cringe)--another risky move. (For what it's worth, the black outlines of said stripe are also found on the green top, as well. (Think NE Patriots home/away to kinda get an idea of what I did here.) I was thinking in terms of a "jet" when I did these--sorta kinda the mindset I had when devising the concepts for my Airline Football League Concept Series (which, by the way, WILL RETURN SOON...), which also explains the two extra helmets down in my "Team logos" section. I wanted to come up with a stylized version of--oh, I don't know...a JET--for the helmet, but couldn't agree on which version looked better or if either of them even belong on the helmet, so the "NY" oval logo won out for now and is on the helmet. (It's also on the front left hip of the pants, just because I thought it'd look good there--and yes I know the "NFL Equipment" patch usually goes there, but oh well...) Oh--before I forget, the 3rd/alt is white top (minus green side panel) paired with GREEN pants with black/white/black stripe (which explains why the green panel is not on the white top). The socks are white with a black/green/black stripe. (I would have done the same to the green socks, but it just did not look right, so i left the primary socks solid green.)

Overall, I think the look is a good way to freshen up the look of a team that shares its name with a type of aircraft (and isn't that why the team got the name Jets in the first place--something to do with NYC-LaGuardia having just been built around the same time the franchise was born?), along with making the set look "fast and slick" while not going over-the-top with it--and still maintaining elements of the classis look, as well.

Okay, well enough babbling about this. Here it is...my vision of the New York Jets (however futuristic it may seem--and is it me or would the name "Manhattan Jets" have sounded good too had that railyard stadium deal gone through?)...

C&C, as always...come with it!

NYjets.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

All I can say is WOW. This concept keeps the traditional jersey style and updates it just enough to make it look good. The number font is original, and yet well-readible. I'm not really fond of the "Ny" logo, reminds my too much of the Giants. Make them both capital letters in the same font and that'll do well in my book. The only thing I would ever recommend is to work a modern jet (think fighter jet) into the logo somehow.

And yes, I agree Manhattan Jets would sound cool and original. My friend played as the Cowboys in Madden 2006 and moved the Cowboys to Manhattan as the Manhattan Cowboys and it sounded very cool.

Genius, thy name is Bucco.

Sweet redo! To me, it's a subtle change on a classic design. Great work with the font usage! The only thing I'm not keen on is the alternate helmets. They remind me too much of the old Washington Federals/Boston Breakers helmets.

Can't wait to see the next one.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I think I'm one of the few people out there that likes the Jets with black trim. It especially pops against the Kelly Green (which, sadly enough, is currently unused in the NFL). This is a prime example of evolutionary design: evoking the past while staying true to the present. Great work, B, and I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us next.

QPR%20Sig.png

its a good look, my only problem is the fact that the ny looks too similar to the jets ny

This is a Jets concept. Making a new alternate logo for a team that doesn't need that much help in that department doesn't make much sense does it?

And now to say the complete opposite of what he said, I think the helmet logo looks too much like the Giants.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

This is terrific work (again)...except for the helmet logo. Just don't like it. The secondary wordmark logo would look better IMHO.

I like this a lot....

First, the number font, imho, fits very well here.

The use of black as a trim color is very well done. It's not overused and enhances the green.

I love the alternate set with the green pants.

The only drawback, again, is the helmet. If it were me, I would stick with the current helmet and maybe trim the green stripes on it with black. Same with the helmet logo. Or even using "Wordmark #2" would like nice. It would give it a look of the past while keeping the current helmet overall.

Overall, great job on this!

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I'm sorry man. I like the fact that your were bringing back the 80s Jets logo (The Best They've had). But, the numbers and the design are just not doing it for me. The wide strip on the pants is a great feature. I've always loved the wide stripe. But, the design is too similar to what it is now. And the helmet logo with the NY oval is just horrid. I've always hated that logo, even when I see it on hats I hate it. Good job with your other concepts, I've loved everyone of them. But, this concept just doesn't do it for me.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The only drawback, again, is the helmet. If it were me, I would stick with the current helmet and maybe trim the green stripes on it with black. Same with the helmet logo. Or even using "Wordmark #2" would like nice. It would give it a look of the past while keeping the current helmet overall.

And how that never once crossed my mind while I was doing this--integrating the script logo into the green oval--is beyond me. Perfect idea! (And do I take it neither of the alt helmet ideas are working for this? I wasn't exactly sure of them myself...)

Update to follow...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived