From E. Rutherford, NJ, to Landover, MD--the Santana/Laveranues connection...

tBBP

Are we up for this?

Quick listing of all I've done so far (as usual):

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks

Seattle Seahawks SHOCKERS!

New York Jets

Okay...let's do like Santana Moss did and bolt down to Washington--er, Landover, MD--now, shall we??? (Does everyone now understand the meaning behind my title? Coles & Moss were traded for each other...)

So what could I have possibly done with the Washington Redskins? WEll, when I think "Redskins", two things come to mind: "tradition" and "old-school". (Maybe it's that damn PBP announcer on all those damn NFL Films shows..."TOUCHDOWN, Washington Redsins!") But anyway, okay--remember the 75th anniversary uniforms the Redskins rolled out two or three years ago? The Jurgenson era unis--they're BACK!!! Only this time, they're slightly updated. Chiefly (no pun intended--okay maybe it was :P ), the tribesman logo remains on the helmet. All striping on the uniforms are similar. Oh--and about those stripes: I know the current Redskin dome utilizes white/athleticgoldenrodyellow/white striping, but this time, to match the sleeve striping of the Jurgenson-ers set I based these on, that pattern is reversed. OH--the mustard pants are back, for both home and away. (And by the way, let me throw this out there: I know the 'Skins wear white at home and colors when they play at Dallas--or at least this year, for every road game it seems, since wearing white at home seems to have caught on in the league like wildfire--but that didn't even cross my mind when I did this concept, thus, dark is home--which I believe it should be anyway--and white is road.) Striping on the mustard pants follows the same pattern (just trade out the mustard for burgundy--or actually, in this case, more of that burnt maroon the 'Skins used to use), and said striping pattern is on the socks, too. Oh--and yes, both home and road sets match. Numbers are sans trim--just solid white (dark) and burgundy (white). On the second roadie (or alt, if that's how you choose to view it), just for the hell of it, I threw in burgundy (or burnt maroon) pants with white socks--sorta kinda to tie in with the current white-top set, but still keeping that oh-so-classic old-school look. (I didn't do a "true" alt for this one...saw no need for one--plus, a mustard top just wouldn't look too great for this team, in my opinion.)

One more thing: to go along with the uniform concept itself (which, by the way, even though I could give a $#*! about the Redskins, I still think is one of my best yet), I wanna take a second to draw your attention to the debut of my (again) newly revised template. I figure, why not debut a good-looking classic uniform on a brand-new display template? The main thing about it is that this new uniform template looks much more streamlined and its MUCH MORE DETAILED. (I even broke down and put the Reebok and NFL Equipment patches on this temp!). All that to go along with a new display box...lemme know what you think..)

Okay, so here we go...on my brand new concept template...the one, the only, WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!

WSHredskins.png

C&C? let's have it...

*EDIT: apparently I'm a victim of my own obsessive-compulsiveness...just noticed the belt loops on the back view of the second roadie are still mustard. Please disregard that!*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are we up for this?

Quick listing of all I've done so far (as usual):

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

New Orleans Saints

Seattle Seahawks

Seattle Seahawks SHOCKERS!

New York Jets

Okay...let's do like Santana Moss did and bolt down to Washington--er, Landover, MD--now, shall we??? (Does everyone now understand the meaning behind my title? Coles & Moss were traded for each other...)

So what could I have possibly done with the Washington Redskins? WEll, when I think "Redskins", two things come to mind: "tradition" and "old-school". (Maybe it's that damn PBP announcer on all those damn NFL Films shows..."TOUCHDOWN, Washington Redsins!") But anyway, okay--remember the 75th anniversary uniforms the Redskins rolled out two or three years ago? The Jurgenson era unis--they're BACK!!! Only this time, they're slightly updated. Chiefly (no pun intended--okay maybe it was :P ), the tribesman logo remains on the helmet. All striping on the uniforms are similar. Oh--and about those stripes: I know the current Redskin dome utilizes white/athleticgoldenrodyellow/white striping, but this time, to match the sleeve striping of the Jurgenson-ers set I based these on, that pattern is reversed. OH--the mustard pants are back, for both home and away. (And by the way, let me throw this out there: I know the 'Skins wear white at home and colors when they play at Dallas--or at least this year, for every road game it seems, since wearing white at home seems to have caught on in the league like wildfire--but that didn't even cross my mind when I did this concept, thus, dark is home--which I believe it should be anyway--and white is road.) Striping on the mustard pants follows the same pattern (just trade out the mustard for burgundy--or actually, in this case, more of that burnt maroon the 'Skins used to use), and said striping pattern is on the socks, too. Oh--and yes, both home and road sets match. Numbers are sans trim--just solid white (dark) and burgundy (white). On the second roadie (or alt, if that's how you choose to view it), just for the hell of it, I threw in burgundy (or burnt maroon) pants with white socks--sorta kinda to tie in with the current white-top set, but still keeping that oh-so-classic old-school look. (I didn't do a "true" alt for this one...saw no need for one--plus, a mustard top just wouldn't look too great for this team, in my opinion.)

One more thing: to go along with the uniform concept itself (which, by the way, even though I could give a $#*! about the Redskins, I still think is one of my best yet), I wanna take a second to draw your attention to the debut of my (again) newly revised template. I figure, why not debut a good-looking classic uniform on a brand-new display template? The main thing about it is that this new uniform template looks much more streamlined and its MUCH MORE DETAILED. (I even broke down and put the Reebok and NFL Equipment patches on this temp!). All that to go along with a new display box...lemme know what you think..)

Okay, so here we go...on my brand new concept template...the one, the only, WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!

WSHredskins.png

C&C? let's have it...

*EDIT: apparently I'm a victim of my own obsessive-compulsiveness...just noticed the belt loops on the back view of the second roadie are still mustard. Please disregard that!*

WHAT?? No monochrome whites? *lol*

Again, I like this one a lot too...

I like the yellow/gold pants, but there something about the pants stripes that doesn't appeal to me...I'm not sure what I would do to correct it either...Maybe just a single maroon stripe alone would work. I'm just kind of confused about what I would do with it...

I like the alternate...I actually like them better than all whites. I'm not sure if this was something that was overlooked, but the belt loops on the back view don't match the front view.

I do, however, kind of like the bib look with the light gray color you used on the white jerseys. I'm sure I'll probably be one of few who actually like it. I mean, it's noticable, but not blatantly obvious with the difference of the white and gray.

I forgot to mention that I also like the use of the spear logo (secondary logo, in this case) on the sleeves.

Keep up the great work...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I see it now...

Quick note on the white jerseys: when I originally did this template, that "gray bib" most of you are seeing is actually a rrrrreeeeeeeeeaaallllyy fine mesh fill. It's supposed to replicate the look of the field jerseys--you know how the front and back main panels of jerseys have the mesh pattern while all other panels are pretty much solid? Well--that was the enitre purpose of me doing the mesh--except for some reason when I exported it out of Illustrator, the mesh lost its integrity or something, and so not those panels look gray instead of the mesh I intended. Ah well...

...And about the pants belt loops...the ones on the back views don't necessarily match with the ones on the front, but on the real NFL pants, most don't match up front/back, either. That was one detail I spent about an hour studying using various game photos as reference for how to do that. (Don't ask me why I killed myself to get THAT detailed with this...)

And yeah--the shoulders do seem a little wider on this than need be; that's one of the things I'll have to work on tweaking come this weekend--see can I "slim that up" a little bit.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I'd personally prefer a darker shade of gold, and I'd also like to see the spear on the helmet. Perfect besides that.

Only reason I didn't go with that is because 1) IMO the current helmet logo looks better, and 2)the spear on the helmet is infringing on what may be my all-time favorite football helmet--my blood Florida State Seminoles...

but that's all petty stuff.

Fantastic work. I enjoy both of your series. As a Redskins fan I appreciate the look. I like the 2nd away better, but that may just be because it is the uniform they most often wear. Keepeing the current helmet was the proper choice and is often the element changed by most designers. The deviation from your normal 3rd was also a proper decision as I agree a yellow jersey would not look good.

Archived