It looks like there will finally be a Washington Wizards alternate jersey

tohasbo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks good. Maybe too much black, but it certainly beats the simple black Wizards fashion jerseys you see in DC. It's a nice nod to the past while finally bringing out the gold in their jersey.

They certainly could have done much worse, and I think it's bold step -- more so than the lame recolor alts of the Sonics, Hawks, and Hornets.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just what the NBA needs: another black jersey. How innovative! :rolleyes:

I'm usually on the "too much black" bandwagon, but you know, I actually like this one. They didn't just take their primary jersey and color the primary-color areas black, like most black-alt teams. They created an entirely new design, and one that's unique among NBA teams. Bonus points for the military-esque stars. It remains to be seen how the black shorts with gold jersey look will go over, though.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Now if they just ditch the silly Wizards and grow a pair and call them the Bullets they will have a winner.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I say score one for uniqueness. At least they had enough of "a pair" to develop a completely new-looking alt, as opposed to the recolor job of other teams' alts (save for the Nuggets, those garish Kings getups and, in a way, the Cav's alts)--not to mention going the Chicago Stags route with different-color jerseys and shorts. I guarantee that after seeing it live, half the fooks who hate it will be the first one buying them off the shelves (it'll probably be a best seller), and at least one or two teams are going to try smething similar in a year or two. Mark my words.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I say score one for uniqueness. At least they had enough of "a pair" to develop a completely new-looking alt, as opposed to the recolor job of other teams' alts (save for the Nuggets, those garish Kings getups and, in a way, the Cav's alts)--not to mention going the Chicago Stags route with different-color jerseys and shorts. I guarantee that after seeing it live, half the fooks who hate it will be the first one buying them off the shelves (it'll probably be a best seller), and at least one or two teams are going to try smething similar in a year or two. Mark my words.

I agree with the point that this will probably become a best seller, because people don't wear the shorts; they wear the jersey, so people are gonna like this jersey just for the fact that it's definitely unique and it looks good. I also agree with the point that there might be a couple of teams trying to duplicate it in the future. I predict the Kings once they drop their garbage alts they have.

With that being said, the new Jazz alt is SHARP.

If they would just wear gold shorts, I could live with it. I actually like the stars. But those black shorts are hideous.

Through another set of eyes (mine), I say the black shorts are what make the gold jersey "pop out" a little bit more. As I mentioned earlier, save for the Stags (and that one All-Star Game with the same style uni), it's a uniform style not seen in a VERY LONG TIME. That alone merits some kind of praise.

But (and y'all knew it was coming)...

That's just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived