MLB "FB" (football?) caps by New Era

NDwas

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a little odd, but as far as I can tell, they are using the Indians' "I" for Indianapolis, who has no MLB team. Just like the Pirates' "P" for Packers on this hat: http://www.lids.com/pid/20065260

Or the Seattle 'S'/Saints I posted.

Also the Baltimore Ravens/Browns/Red Sox 'B'

1_640.jpg

1_640.jpg

Pretty clever on New Era's part.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

I'm with Moser. They should have combined the Packers and Brewers.

I know it's a little odd, but as far as I can tell, they are using the Indians' "I" for Indianapolis, who has no MLB team. Just like the Pirates' "P" for Packers on this hat: http://www.lids.com/pid/20065260

I don't know, that's awfully bright for Packers colors:

1_640.jpg

This has been going on for quite some time. When I visited Distant Replays in Atlanta for the first time in 2003, they had a few -- I think the Cubs cap in Bears colors is the one I asked about. The guy there said New Era was losing the rights to NFL merch and was looking for a way to sell to the NFL crowd. This was their solution. There's no Brewers cap in green and gold because the logo is an M with wheat. The old Mariners S is used because there is no logo incorporated. What they are selling is not MLB caps in NFL colors... they want these to be considered NFL caps in MLB styles. That's why the Indians cap is in the Colts colors and not the Browns, etc. Pretty good idea really, but I think it works best for teams in the same city.

IMG_0487.jpg

Hey, I'm wearing that shirt right now! (although the writing is worn out...after just three months of getting my red on)

Is there a Rangers in Cowboy colors?

1_640.jpg

Nope. Looks like the Oilers/Titans to me...

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

That Tigers / Lions hat is HAWT!!!

Best one so far.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived