Israel Baseball League...

Brian in Boston

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tel Aviv Barak/Barak Tel Aviv... interesting.

Beit Shemesh Blue Sox... I like it. Lions, Tigers both generic... Pioneers, okay. I'm just really surprised that they haven't gone with the usual politcal party system like Beitar, Maccabi and Hapoel.

I think I may have found some inspiration for some baseball concepts. Nice.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Yes I know this isn't all Jewish....but there's quite a bit of old testament stuff in there...

Its a well known fact that the first baseball game was between the Bethlehem Braves and the Jerusalem Giants. Of course, Harry Carey was there to bring us the action...

http://www.danstpaul.com/baseball.html

:D

... and yet, the Tel Aviv Cubs struggle to win the Holy Series....

I saw, I came, I left.

I really like the Pioneers hat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I would say the pioneers is the best of the bunch.

What does the writing on the Blue Sox hat mean?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

It's the letters Bet and Shin (from right to left), standing for Bet Shemesh.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

It's the letters Bet and Shin (from right to left), standing for Bet Shemesh.

Thanks

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

There have been several programs in the past in both the US and Canada where children both Israeli and Palestinian were put together in various programs. Some were sports such as soccer and basketball, another was film making, and still another was an Outward Bounds type summer camp. In every case the purpose was that these kids and teens could work, create, and compete together constructively. It's been amazing that away from a very heated atmosphere of their homeland these kids got along with very little conflict. It has been noted that most people on both sides actually want to and do get along, but that a few fanatics on both sides have time and again ruined such an atmosphere.

My question is would it be wrong to speculate what teams in this league might be able to accomplish if they had fans from all ethnic groups? Wouldn't it be better to have people dislike one another for liking their team's rival instead of how one practices their faith? I mean for example Red Sox & Yankee fans are fairly diverse. We share a workable dislike for one another not because of ethnicity but because we each cheer for the wrong teams.

If not then perhaps there could be a team in Israel to represent the Muslim communities in the country. People can escape their generational conflict for a few hours via a sporting event. I think we'd all rather see heated sports rivalries over religious zealotry any day.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. Baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come. "

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived