My first attempt at "real" team sigs

Viper

Now that I finally have a high-speed connection again, at last I can view these forums, and all the graphics posted here, without any glitches! To celebrate, I've decided to do some sigs of my own.

I eventually intend to make complete sets for at least the NFL and NHL, and maybe some other leagues. But for now I will start with the English Premier League. I've actually already made a full set of this year's Premiership clubs, but I'll just post these four for starters. As you can see, these aren't particularly big or fancy - I designed them to look good but still easy on the eye, and without taking up much screen space. Also, you'll notice that some team logos that are taller than they are wide have been cut off at the top and/or bottom. This is by design. I'm trying to keep a logo aspect ratio between 1w:1h and 3w:2h while at the same time keeping the major features of the logo big enough to be recognizable. (I'm not doing this for the league logo, which I'm keeping smaller than the team logo.)

C&C is welcome of course, but keep the above in mind when you do post your comments.

The four Premiership sigs I'll post first are the top four teams in the league as of Dec. 19:

musigvh3.gif

cfcsigkp3.gif

lfcsigvv8.gif

arssigkq9.gif

I've also done Packers and Wild sigs (see below) as a preview of my NFL and NHL sets, respectively. Note that the Wild sig has the team logo on the right. My rule of thumb is that the logo should "face" toward the center of the sig. So, since the Wild logo faces left, I've put it on the right side.

Update: I've tweaked the Arsenal, Liverpool and Reading sigs as suggested below.

CCSLC signature.png

I really like these. They're dynamic, clean, and do a lot in such a small space. The one thing that looks odd to me are the ones where the text are two different colors -- the single colored ones look a little cleaner IMO. That said, it's a great idea, and it'd be neat to get a few of these for my fantasy teams. ^_^

philly.png

I agree with above. Match the colors for both and its perfect.

OK, will do, starting with this batch. (Note that the nicknames are at 67% transparency, so for dark blue and green they might look more like gray.)

avsigvm5.gif

efcsiggl9.gif

ffcsigwu6.gif

wasigiu4.gif

I'll redo the rest of the teams, then go back and redo the ones I posted yesterday.

CCSLC signature.png

Here are the next four:

nusigdf4.gif

mfcsigxn8.gif

susigze7.gif

brsigwj2.gif

A note about nicknames: Most Premier League teams' nicknames aren't officially part of the team name. Only the Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers have North American-style official nicknames. For their sigs, I'm putting the location name first as I'll be doing for the NFL and NHL sigs. For the others, I'm using the club's most popular nickname (as researched on Wikipedia) and putting that before the actual team name.

CCSLC signature.png

And now to complete the set, here are the four sigs most likely to become obsolete after this season (because these clubs are in the most danger of being relegated out of the Premiership):

mfcsigqc1.gif

whusighr8.gif

casigfp0.gif

wfcsigft3.gif

As you may have already noticed, I've also tweaked the Arsenal, Liverpool and Reading sigs in the first couple of posts.

CCSLC signature.png

And now to complete the set, here are the four sigs most likely to become obsolete after this season (because these clubs are in the most danger of being relegated out of the Premiership):

mfcsigqc1.gif

whusighr8.gif

casigfp0.gif

wfcsigft3.gif

As you may have already noticed, I've also tweaked the Arsenal, Liverpool and Reading sigs in the first couple of posts.

I love these, any chance you could do a Derby County one for me?

Could you do one for my fantasy soccer team? If so I'll post the logo.

Perhaps after the new year when I come back from the holidays. Same goes for the Derby County one (I'd need the logo for that too). That's when I'll start doing the NFL and NHL ones too. Until then, merry Christmas!

CCSLC signature.png

Could you do one for my fantasy soccer team? If so I'll post the logo.

Perhaps after the new year when I come back from the holidays. Same goes for the Derby County one (I'd need the logo for that too). That's when I'll start doing the NFL and NHL ones too. Until then, merry Christmas!

THanks!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mean to nitpick, but it looks to me like you used the old badge for Tottenham Hotspur. They have an updated badge for the 2006-07 season:

Tottenham_Hotspur_Badge.png

Great job on these BTW. Any chance of the Championship teams being done in the near future?

QPR%20Sig.png

Don't want to be too picky but on my monitor the Wigan one looks green when their colours are royal blue and white.

liverpool-1.png

Don't mean to nitpick, but it looks to me like you used the old badge for Tottenham Hotspur. They have an updated badge for the 2006-07 season:

Tottenham_Hotspur_Badge.png

Great job on these BTW. Any chance of the Championship teams being done in the near future?

The main SportsLogos.net site still has the original logo listed as the current one, and that's what I went by.

As for Championship teams, probably not. The Premier League is the only one I follow with any sort of regularity. (I'll eventually do sigs for whichever clubs get promoted to the Premiership, though.) In fact, now that I've finished up my NFL and NHL series, I think I'll take a break from doing sigs for awhile. I'm thinking my next ones will be for the Big Ten schools.

Don't want to be too picky but on my monitor the Wigan one looks green when their colours are royal blue and white.

That's because I made it green. I went by the colors on the team logos themselves, not their kits. In Wigan's case, their logo is mostly green and tan, and I picked green because tan letters barely show up when I make them transparent.

Update: I decided to update the Tottenham and Wigan sigs after all; I replaced them in their original posts so I can get rid of the old sigs.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived