Toronto Raptors Concept

speedy

Brilliant! The problem I have with their current home jersey is that I keep trying to picture it with purple, because it's the same jersey as before. There wasn't a big enough change between their old unis and new unis, as far as striping goes.

These jerseys look like something the Raptors could wear, while still looking a little like their old-selves, but having a unique identity compared to the other red, white and black teams. Great work.

I agree with steiny ramone in that the Raptors' new jerseys are not different enough from the purple disaster and I always have thought the red looked looked like an alternate. That being said, your concept is very solid. I love how you hinted at being Canadian, but didn't go over the top. Also, I am diggin' the color choice. However, the only minor problem I have with the set is that there is no tertiary logo with any sort of T R combination. The whole identity looks very good, in my opinion.

I like what you did with this team and I would enjoy owning one of these. A-

Very solid concept, the only thing I don't like is the font you chose for the number and the size of the number on the front of the jersey. But even with that said, it's a nice looking set and I would think it looked good on the court, as is.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I actually like their current jerseys more. That said if the NBA didn't have a ban on all black jerseys the alt would be a hit.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

LOVE IT :flagcanada: I take it that I am not the only one who like my logo idea...I am not talking credit for that logo but I do have to say that I started the topic that this was based on. I totally think that this is the way the team is going and I have to say that it proabably wont be long before they have a complete set like this.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I likes! :D Few tidbits, however. Make the "S" the same size as the "R", like it currently is in their wordmark. Looks more balanced. Uniform design bares a slight similarity to the Bobcats', but may be different enough to pass, I definately think this is executed waaaaaaayyy better than Charlotte's. As mentioned before, scale down the size of the front numeral, but I, however, think the numeral font you chose works perfectly. They've been using that "Arial-type" curved font for so long, nice to see a block-formed number again. And, though I'm sick of seeing black all over the uniforms of the entire sports universe, this one works. Unfortunately that ban is in place. Also, if you did do a "TR" logo as suggested before, use it in place on the back of the jersey. With the "Claw-Leaf" both there AND on the sides of the shorts, it gets a little repetative. All in all, excellent work my good man. Cheers to a job well done. :boogie:

Not sure if it's intended, but the side panels on the jersey make a "V", while the ones on the shorts make a "/". That is a must fix imo.

The black wordmark on red seems like it would be a little tough to read.

I do think the design is a little to similar to the Bobcats though. Better execution though.

Untitled-1.png

Archived