LA Galaxy Concept

speedy

I tried to make the Galaxy look more professional considering their recent aquisition, they should really overhaul their look for the world stage. I developed a crest but sorta rushed it, I don't think it's anywhere near being done, and would love some C&C on how to improve it. As for the jerseys, again I thought professional so they may look sort of plain, but I like it.

untitled-2.png

C&C greatly appreciated..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they the ones that currently have the sash?

If it's the team I'm thinking about, I wouldn't change a teams jersey for the sake of one player joining the club.

That being said, these are nice clean jerseys.

On the logo, maybe shrink down the outline at the top so the soccer ball sticks out from the badgey thing. That my only thoughts.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

If it's the team I'm thinking about, I wouldn't change a teams jersey for the sake of one player joining the club.

Yup, that's the team.

As for not changing jerseys for one playing joining, I see your point. But for $250,000,000 and his star power world wide, it would be great for marketing.

I can't say that I love the logo. You've essentially turned the LA Galaxy into the LA Planet. Plus, there's way too much negative space, and I don't see that logo resonating much with the public.

VmWIn6B.png

There's a reason the logo - besides the planet ball part - doen't work -- You've just used the FAPL sleeve badge and deleted all the FAPL content. I think you've got a decent start on the crest, but I have to say that I think the Galaxy's current crest is really nice - unique shape, references to galaxy, and a good incorporation of the wordmark. As far as the jerseys go, like it was already pointed out, you've just taken their current kits, switched the numbers, changed the wordmark to the sponsor, and deleted all of the embellishments other than the adidas three-stripes. Overall, I think this concept lacks in actual concept - most of it is deletion and somewhat replacement. Try doing something totally new, especially with the kits.

And Matt, Becks won't arrive until August anyway, which will be by the time the new MLS season starts - when EVERY MLS club will get new kits, so at least changing the kits for the arrival of a new player works, I suppose.

OD_Signature.jpg

I'd say keep current logo or add stars to surround the floating ball. I'd definitely change tthe shield around it as well. I'd also keep the sash on the home shirts at a minimum and maybe even add a third shirt in green. I hate that they seemed to have just gone and ditched the green jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I dont think this is the change they need, maybe a FC Dallas type overhall is in order... but keep the sash!

Just one player!?! Its THEE player! The player the league invisioned the "Beckham Rule" would lure and did. To say its just one player is saying Jordan was just some shooting guard. (Beckham is no [put any decent players name here], he's not even top 20 all time, but you get the point)

Looks good. Ditto on some stars around the ball to kill negative space...otherwise top notch!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It looks better but I would actually place those stars within the ring. Actually I'd have the two stars above the logo and a star for each origional team in the league attached to the ring around the ball.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Revamped the Crest, added 2 stars to signify 2 MLS Championships..

galaxycrest.png

C&C please...

The 2 star thing is original, but what happens if they win another championship? Anyways, I think #2 is better but I would get rid of the "est. 1996" and make the outline on the stars thicker.

I really like this! But like Sparticat what if they do win more championships? Personally I like the second one, with the EST. 1996. Makes it look more professional, and after all MLS is trying to get more recognition. Great Job!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Both look great...I like the first one just a bit more...if they win more championships you can always reduce the size of the stars or place them over the stripes directly below the wordmark. I loves it!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It's better, but:

1. You still haven't fixed the biggest issue some of us have with the badge: the team nickname is "Galaxy". A galaxy is composed of millions and millions of stars, each of which may or may not have a planetary system of its own. Your badge depicts a single planet and 2 stars. (I understand the significance of the 2 stars, yet my point remains.)

2. The sash is what make LA distinctive. Getting rid of it makes them look more like other teams. It'd be like removing hoops or stripes if a team's used it distinctively for a while.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

For those of you itching for a Galaxy in the badge, I fixed this up quickly, it's just a quick rendition of the Frankfurt Galaxy's logo so you could get the general idea of what it would look like.

galaxycrest-1.png

Quick side note: I have been working on the jerseys and yes, they do have the sash so do not worry.

I agree with the soccer ball comment above. Maybe add a little black in there to make it pop. Other than that, In all honesty, that logo's beutiful.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived