Los Angeles Kings

Ottawa Senators

Pittsburgh Penguins

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

Well, as you may of may not know I've always been a huge fan of the Gortons logo. I always thought it would look good recolored and placed on a more traditional jersey, so this is what I've done. As for the alternate, the Isles present Alternate is about as ugly as the original Gortons jerseys, so obviously ditched that. I incorperated the silver on the Alt only because I dont think it flowed to well on the Home/Away. Yes, these are very similar to the current Isles look, because to me when I think Isles I think classic jersey.

islanders-1.png

C&C as always...

MUCH better than the over-done trim on the original Fishstick jersey.

But I like the original Isles logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the home and away. A lot. I'd like to see the secondary on a jersey, but what can you do.

But the alt is not working for me at all. It's a prime example of a pointless alternate jersey. It's just the home jersey in a different color. An alternate jersey needs to have a better reason for existing than "We thought both of our colors looked cool, so we couldn't choose one and commit to it for our home uniform." If you want an orange jersey at home, then make the home jersey orange. If you want an alternate uniform, then make it more interesting, more different -- more alternate -- than just an exact copy of the home uniform in a different color. A simple recolor is wishy-washy at best; it's cynical and fan-insulting at worst. Put a different logo on it; change from stripes to solids or some other pattern; make it a lace-up collar; or something, anything, to give the alternate jersey some purpose. Right now, this isn't an alt. It's a fashion jersey.

But did I mention how much I like the home and away? Nicely done.

20082614447.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived