New York Islanders

Ottawa Senators

Pittsburgh Penguins

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

Winnipeg Jets

Okay, I'll start off by saying I LOVE the Johnny Canuck logo and personally don't think the Canucks could find a better logo. With that being said, I made that the primary, and I'm not a fan of the rink/stick thing-a-magig but since it seems to be a fan favorite in Vancouver I added it. Now the color scheme, I'm always hearing Canuck fans complaining their identity has nothing to do with the city, so in addition to Johnny and the Rink/Stick, I went back to the original color scheme. As for the alternate, as you can see I said ALTERNATE, not throwback, I'm aware they never wore this, but I like it. And incase you were wondering, yes that is a V on the arm stripping.

canucks.png

C&C as always...

Ok, not perfection.

As a vancouverite and a diehard penguins-canucks fan (and lions, canadians etc...) i like the green and blue, i feel that is the best jersies we ever came out with (other than the skate).

But i don't like the idea of Johnny Canuck as the main logo. If you could make the c/stick as the main logo and use the johnny canuck as a shoulder patch for the normal home and away jersey and use the johnny canuck as the third jersey primary logo, you're set.

Execution is nice, i like how it all looks, but hey the C&C is honest opinion and that's what i'm giving. Hope i don't sound too harsh or anything, sorry if i do.

It's a fan favourite because it is our first logo, most teams and their real true die hard fans logo the original colours and logo (i hate the whale, its retarded and so are people that endorse that stupid corporate crap) so it's a fan favourite in that sense. Nostalgic reasons. If you look at sales, the older jersies out sell the current duds and there is a reason, the demented whale is not a fan favourite.

Even the Aquilini group wants to go back to the old school rather than stick with the crappy corporate crap. The Johnny Canuck wasn't really used for the VANCOUVER NHL team, but it is a logo that has been kicked around and holds some sort of cult status amongst jersey designers and canucks fans in BC.

Throw out a poll for the logo and chances are the top 3 logo's will be Johnny Canuck, Rink/Stick/C, and the Skate. That whale will never be. Just an explanation from a Vancouver born and raised BC man. :)

Anyways, your Jets jersies are wicked, i love those designs man. Now that's perfection them Jet's duds.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

These are incredible. I'm curious if Johnny would look better with a wordmakr underneath him on the jerseys, although most(if not all, minus the Rangers) teams in the NHL lack the wordmark on the primary crest. Those colors are by far the best the Nucks have had, and possibly the best color combo in the league.

Brilliant! You used both logos the way the should be used; Johny Canuck as the primary, with the rink/stick logo as the alternate.

When you think about it, it's the most logical way to go about doing things.

The C/orca is a corporate sham of a logo.

The flying skate looks cool, but doesn't convey "Canucks".

The stick/rink logo is a fan favorite, but in this day and age it just can't stand on its own as a primary mark. If they had never changed it, it would be looked at as a classic along the lines of the Flyers' "P" and the Blues' note. The fact is, however, that they did change it, and brining it back today as a primary mark wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Johnny Canuck, on the other hand, is the perfect logo for the Vancouver Canucks. It already has a history, serving as the logo for the WHL incarnation of the team. On top of that it is able to represent both BC and the team name "Canucks". It doesn't get much better then that.

So speedy, I congratulate you on creating the perfect Vancouver Canucks concept; Johnny Canuck as the primary logo, using the fan favorite color combination of blue and green, and keeping the fan favorite stick/rink logo as the alternate logo.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thing the c-stick is too plaina nd I love the Johnny Cancuk lo , I think it gives that old school feel like the penguins jersey does. Two thumbs up from me. I don't think I need to say the greena nd blue is the way to go. I'm a die hard Oilers fan and can't stand the Canucks but they look good in their thirds I must say.

oilcountry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived